Daily Check-in January 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check-in January 12, 2021

Post by chocolite »

ChristmasTrees wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:15 pm
Logics...I have tried to like tea so many times...I just don't. I don't like coffee either..so I am odd.
I'm right there with you CT. I really WANT to like hot tea...I just don't. I love iced tea.
Patty

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

chocolite wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:40 am
I'm right there with you CT. I really WANT to like hot tea...I just don't. I love iced tea.
My Mom always drank tea, but I never really developed a real liking for it. Though I do drink tea when I am feeling ill.

Just like you and CT I like iced tea though.

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

SandiSAHM wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:04 pm
Hi... Can you please post a link to that blog article?

We're getting off scot-free on tuition and fees (still have books, we rent most) for DD's first 2 years, but I'm all for making sure her last 2 are freebies.

DH could teach for OSU and get her through for free but the one thing she truly wants to do is only taught at OU. I don't think he wants to go that far :lol:
Sure -- here it is: https://www.myfrugalhome.com/how-our-oldest-daughter-is-paying-for-college/
Patty

ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

chocolite wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:40 am
I am from the south and have never liked tea or kool aid.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I'm from the South and have never liked sweet tea. (This will probably get my Southern girl card revoked.) I did not drink iced tea until a few years ago, and I like it unsweetened. I love hot tea in the winter, especially when I have a cold or am chilly. Started drinking it in college and have loved it ever since.

I did not drink coffee until after DS was born when I was almost 31. He wasn't sleeping so I couldn't sleep, and I needed to be alert. Especially after the time I fell asleep sitting on a kitchen stool feeding him his bottle. It's a wonder we didn't wind up on the floor. I'm not a heavy coffee drinker -- no more than two cups per day and once in a while a cup of decaff in the evening -- but I really need one cup in the morning to get my eyes open. Often that's all I have because that's all I need.

My brother complains about the terrible state of his teeth and how I "inherited the good teeth," but I drank just water or milk while he was allowed to have sweet tea practically from infancy. It wasn't inherited: it was diet!
Mackie

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

MackerelCat wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:16 am
I'm from the South and have never liked sweet tea. (This will probably get my Southern girl card revoked.) I did not drink iced tea until a few years ago, and I like it unsweetened. I love hot tea in the winter, especially when I have a cold or am chilly. Started drinking it in college and have loved it ever since.
I'm with you. Most sweet tea served around here has enough sugar to stand a spoon up in it, lol. It makes my teeth hurt to drink something that sweet. I use generic Splenda to sweeten our tea. I do like it a bit sweet.
Patty