I'm skipping 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: I'm skipping 2020

Post by Mrscreative »

nbeaver wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:01 pm
2020 was, hands down, the worst year of my life. Between DH and me, we lost 10 family members--none of them to COVID--aunts, uncles, cousins, but 3 really hard ones: my mom in April, his dad in May, and our sweet daughter-in-law, 23, in a car accident in June. She and DS2 had just celebrated their 4th anniversary. That doesn't even take into account the fact that it was an election year (Yuck!) and the year of COVID. It was a dreadful year.
I am so sorry for all your losses. May your cherished memories of your loved ones bring you some comfort.

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

clemencia2us wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:08 pm
I too don't mentally feel my age - almost 61.

I see people my age with grandkids and some great grandkids and wonder - how is that possible? :shock:

To me to be a grandparent - you have to be OLD - and darnit - we are not!!

And the body aches. For me it started this winter. So weird.
I had DS, my youngest, when I was a few days shy of 39. When he was 3, I met a new hygienist at my dentist's office. She was the same age as me, and her GRANDSON was 3.

I guess I was technically old enough for grandchildren at 42, but... well, it's a good thing my mouth was already wide open, or my jaw would have dropped! :lol:

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:08 pm
I too don't mentally feel my age - almost 61.

I see people my age with grandkids and some great grandkids and wonder - how is that possible? :shock:

To me to be a grandparent - you have to be OLD - and darnit - we are not!!

And the body aches. For me it started this winter. So weird.
Clem I never had children and will be 76 soon. There are people that I use to babysit that are now grandparents..lol. Yikes. I do not feel old except my body does tell me so many times a day.. lol.
Janet Alliesmama

rinty

Post by rinty »

nbeaver wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:01 pm
2020 was, hands down, the worst year of my life. Between DH and me, we lost 10 family members--none of them to COVID--aunts, uncles, cousins, but 3 really hard ones: my mom in April, his dad in May, and our sweet daughter-in-law, 23, in a car accident in June. She and DS2 had just celebrated their 4th anniversary. That doesn't even take into account the fact that it was an election year (Yuck!) and the year of COVID. It was a dreadful year.
I am so , so sorry for all the tragic losses you have had , particualry your DDIL. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for your son. (((hugs)))

nbeaver

Post by nbeaver »

Thanks to all for the condolences. 2020 was a terrible year, but my son's faith is strong. He told me, maybe a month after losing his wife, "I don't understand people who lose their faith when something bad happens. That's the world we live in." We are still grieving, but God is good.

rinty

Post by rinty »

You must be very proud of his strength of faith x We all like to think how we would cope if we were really tested, and he is living his faith.