Daily Check in February 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in February 23, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

oh and bagged salad. Already had tomatoes.

lots of oranges and kiwis too

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:10 pm
Just had a report from DH: he and Homeless Buddy did all the paperwork at the DMV and were at the Honda shop buying the scooter. He was going to trail HB home on the old state highway to make sure he made it okay, since the scooter isn't fast enough to legally ride on the interstate.

HB had rreceived his tax refund and the shop gave him $150 off the cost of the scooter for buying last year's model (they had the new models in and were trying to move the old stock), so he's in good fiscal shape and promised to move out in two weeks. I will have a little celebration in honor of his graduation back to the real world when that takes place. Yay!
A big Congratulations to HB and to you, Mackie, and your whole family. I know it is not too strong to say that you saved his life. I hope that everything goes well for HB in the outside world. As a chef/cook, he is fortunate that he kept his job during this pandemic and I hope that continues. I know I talk a lot (maybe too much) about my mom, but I truly wish she were here so I could tell her your story, Mackie. She would love it.

Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

I was up early after not having slept that well last night. I did the thyroid pills and waited around while watching the morning news and reading it off the computer.

I started watching the hearing on the Insurrectionists' attack on the Capitol on January 6th. Very interesting. Senator Portman (GQP of Wisconsin) told people that the crowd was too fat to attack the capitol, were pro-police and festive. :roll: He also said that things were find until the Capitol Police used tear gas. Sigh. After hearing that baloney, I went for a nap but it wasn't a very good one. Phooey.

I had plans for today but have no mojo. It's overcast today, not the beautiful sunshine we had yesterday. There are predictions of snow but we still haven't seen any and I am just fine with that!

I'm having the 4th cup of coffee for the day. I'm hoping that I will waken-up some more!!

I will do laundry today after supper. Then, when it is done, I will run the dishwasher.

I may do some tinkering with tidying up a bookshelf. I want to move the books down one shelf and set-up and display my collection of wiener dog items. They are on a lower shelf now and I can't enjoy them as much.

Have a good afternoon everyone!!

MJ
"When they show you who they are, believe them." Maya Angelou

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Prairie Waif2 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:32 pm
Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

I was up early after not having slept that well last night. I did the thyroid pills and waited around while watching the morning news and reading it off the computer.

I started watching the hearing on the Insurrectionists' attack on the Capitol on January 6th. Very interesting. Senator Portman (GQP of Wisconsin) told people that the crowd was too fat to attack the capitol, were pro-police and festive. :roll: He also said that things were find until the Capitol Police used tear gas. Sigh. After hearing that baloney, I went for a nap but it wasn't a very good one. Phooey.

I had plans for today but have no mojo. It's overcast today, not the beautiful sunshine we had yesterday. There are predictions of snow but we still haven't seen any and I am just fine with that!

I'm having the 4th cup of coffee for the day. I'm hoping that I will waken-up some more!!

I will do laundry today after supper. Then, when it is done, I will run the dishwasher.

I may do some tinkering with tidying up a bookshelf. I want to move the books down one shelf and set-up and display my collection of wiener dog items. They are on a lower shelf now and I can't enjoy them as much.

Have a good afternoon everyone!!

MJ
We got about 6 inches of heavy wet snow here.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I have water that is safe to drink. I have purged the water lines. I am making ice to throw away then I will need to sanitize the ice cube bin.

Penny

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

I have been trying to get our tax stuff ready to send to our accountant, over the past couple of days. Now, today, I'm unable to get my scan-to-computer to work. :( I'm trying a few things, before I give up and go to the library to see if they have a scanner I can use--will scan to my email if I need to.

Last weekend was the 4A State Wrestling Championships, and my son's team won!!! <3 Dh & I heard later that it was been 22 years since this high school won the state wrestling title. I am thrilled that Dh & I were able to go!!
Besides ds18, I had two nephews' teams (plus 18 other schools) competing for the state title. One nephew got dumped hard on his head & neck and received a severe concussion, among other injuries, from being pinned hard. I felt smug on Dn's behalf when one of our kids pinned that kid who hurt Dn.

Not much going on here, other than I have been ignoring housework, laundry, etc. in my efforts to get our records updated for taxes.

I did get haircut today--I love it!! I also got a coupon for $2 off my next haircut, and I have 2 months before expiration.

I'm grateful for sunshine, just hopeful of more snow in future--our outside temps & view is more like what we would see in late March-early April usually.