Daily Check In April 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jgomez1002

Re: Daily Check In April 18, 2021

Post by jgomez1002 »

Hello Everyone!
It is April Break from school this coming week. I am not traveling... So I bought what I wanted while grocery shopping. It is our vacation treat. I exercised while walking. Did the shopping and some cleaning today. Watching PBS tonight. Have you seen Atlantic Crossing on Masterpiece Really Good. I recommend this series.

Have a great evening.
Regards,
JGomez

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

jgomez1002 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:36 pm
Hello Everyone!
It is April Break from school this coming week. I am not traveling... So I bought what I wanted while grocery shopping. It is our vacation treat. I exercised while walking. Did the shopping and some cleaning today. Watching PBS tonight. Have you seen Atlantic Crossing on Masterpiece Really Good. I recommend this series.

Have a great evening.
Regards,
JGomez
I am so glad that you mentioned this series. I saw it advertised as “upcoming” awhile ago and it looks good. It’s probably on right now but I’m tired so should be able to watch tomorrow through the app tomorrow. Thanks!

Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good evening,

Well the wind came up and allergies are kicking in so now I am feeling a little yucky in spite of taking a half hour nap. It seems to have become a pattern here....I feel fine in the morning and able to get some things done. Then the wind starts up in the afternoon. I am trying to adjust to what seems to be the new norm for me. Fortunately my work hours are early in the day. I have gotten a little cleaning done in the kitchen and dishes done. I made two pumpkin pies and two stuffed bell peppers cut in half. Everything came out tasting good but for some reason the stuffed pepper I ate has not set well with me. The pepper is a little undercooked and crunchy, I wonder if that is the problem. I may unstuff the peppers, cut them up and saute' them until they are well done. Do you think that will help? I can't believe how more and more foods bother me that did not used to.

Well I'm off to lay down under my air filter and read.

Bev

jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I really recommend Atlantic Crossing. The series has been excellent so far.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

jgomez1002 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:16 pm
I really recommend Atlantic Crossing. The series has been excellent so far.
I just watched episode one on the PBS app. Really good! (I’m a PBS Passport member because I make a monthly donation so I’m not sure if it is available to everyone.) Two of my favorite subjects, FDR and royalty. I know a small amount about the Norwegian Royal Family because I read up on them when William and Kate went for a visit a few years ago. The current King, Harald (now in his 80s), is the young boy son of the Crown Prince in the story. I may watch the next episode this evening. I think three are available so far. Thanks again!