Daily Check in May 4, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in May 4, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackielou wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:26 am
Does anyone have suggestions for "X"? This has been an experience for sure, I think I have as much fun searching my shelves and my ereader for suitable reads as I do reading, or re-reading as the case may be those novels. I also made it a bit more of a challenge as in I need to already have the book or can get it online free (our library is still not open to people to enter). However the next few letters could be difficult.
Good Reads has a list of 100 books with the letter X in the title. A lot of them look like not the cup of tea for our generation, but there's one about the breaking of the Enigma Code and one by Edith Wharton that probably isn't about vampires and weird sex. :-D

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/6946.Titles_That_Begin_With_X
Mackie

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

I woke up at my usual time and decided to swiffer the floors while everyone else was asleep. I had vacuumed yesterday so the floors were clean enough to wash. Kitty came down to say hello and sniff at the cleaner. It’s not the same as washing them on my hands and knees, but with my consistent cleaning routine, it got them more than clean enough. I opened up the patio door a crack just to air out the house. I still had to turn the heat on as it’s just above freezing. Later today I will tackle deep cleaning the ensuite bathroom. Clean Mama designates today for vacuuming, but I got a head start yesterday.

I did the census and it took no time at all. Perhaps the last time I had to complete the longer version. Anyway I will file away the confirmation code and won’t need to think about it for the next five years. Most of the questions were about our gender, ages and first language spoken. Nothing about our ethnicity at all this year or our religion. It literally took two minutes to complete.

Dh wants to walk to the fish ladder this morning so that will be on our agenda this morning - the beauty and freedom of being retired! I think I will get a loaf of bread going in the bread maker before I leave.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Add me to the no sleep due to pets

Seems like i was getting up every hour to go check on him.

he's asleep now but I am of course awake now

its going to be a zombie day.

Drinking my coffee - hope it helps

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:10 am
Good morning beautiful people,

I woke up at my usual time and decided to swiffer the floors while everyone else was asleep. I had vacuumed yesterday so the floors were clean enough to wash. Kitty came down to say hello and sniff at the cleaner. It’s not the same as washing them on my hands and knees, but with my consistent cleaning routine, it got them more than clean enough. I opened up the patio door a crack just to air out the house. I still had to turn the heat on as it’s just above freezing. Later today I will tackle deep cleaning the ensuite bathroom. Clean Mama designates today for vacuuming, but I got a head start yesterday.

I did the census and it took no time at all. Perhaps the last time I had to complete the longer version. Anyway I will file away the confirmation code and won’t need to think about it for the next five years. Most of the questions were about our gender, ages and first language spoken. Nothing about our ethnicity at all this year or our religion. It literally took two minutes to complete.

Dh wants to walk to the fish ladder this morning so that will be on our agenda this morning - the beauty and freedom of being retired! I think I will get a loaf of bread going in the bread maker before I leave.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Did our census as well before I went for my walk. Another short version for us this year.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Sorry...but I have to do it.....for all the Star War fans....
MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!!!!!!

Raining here. I hope this will knock some of the pollen out of the air. I am living on Benadryl and I am so sleepy all the time. Nothing else works for me. This is along with eye drops and nasal spray. Hoping in another week the worst of the pollen will be over.

Getting a little worried about Rinty. Has anyone heard from her?

frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Good morning everyone!

The rest of my week is busy but today it is chill-I hope-you never know with my crazy world!
Yesterday, I cut up the leftover steaks from Sunday (my dd brought it over-we already had Yucatan chicken) and plan to have las mulas, made fried rice yesterday, burritos and Nam Tok Thai salad and if any left still maybe burritos or nachos. The chicken we have finished and I made chicken sandwiches yesterday and my son had soft tacos. So we are good for the next few days in meals I think-I hope for at least 4-5 of the meals this week. My son still went out for a McDonald's chicken sandwich with his friend yesterday and got a stomachache afterwards and swore off eating out for awhile-duh-I told him eating at home is much cleaner and safer and you know what goes in the food-plus you figure I cook all different types of things that why do you want fast food (the Burger King around here looks actually gross and not clean even-I tell him all the time not to go there and he gets a stomach ache from there as well!). Go figure!

My teen son is pretty responsible for the most part at least when it comes to self discipline and his business(school though he does his own thing lately-like it is secondary which is not a good thing I told him and I have to keep an eye on him-although he made it to CSF and the National Honor Society). He has found out from doing business that so many of the screenprinters are owned by young guys and are not responsible and does not have follow through and won't even respond back and when they do they make gross errors in calculations,etc. Like 13k for 106 hoodies-really!? Check your calculations! Or they don't contact you at all or every few days respond and ask a question every few days and still has not given any estimates or return calls or emails or messaging. I told my son see, how important is a quick response and follow through and most of all RESPONSIBILITY bc your brand and business counts on that and if they are like this in the beginning imagine when you are waiting for the product and your customers get mad because it is delayed with excuses. So we are at their mercy for the most part so you have to find a responsible one-problem is that there are so many irresponsible young businesses out there! Idk-but for me it is a headache-my son deals with them and tells me about it (hence, I worry and get a headache-not good for a type A person like me who is a perfectionist and wants things done right and big on follow through!). I told him maybe you buy your own printer and make your own and open up to make others as well?! At least you are responsible and they can rely on you. Although honestly, I don't know how this type of business really fares or if it is even good? I am trying to get him to think the bigger picture-like CEO yes, but in a bigger realm-corporation,etc after you get your college degree thinking!

Oh another frugal thing is lots of lemons now so making fresh lemonade-yum! Added watermelon juice fresh from the watermelon after cutting it to my lemonade. Has anyone noticed the Costco watermelons taste kind of funny these days-like not ripened odd taste or is it just me? The last two watermelons taste off-barely sweet too. I pick one with the sugar oozing out usually and the yellow patch on the side (the thumping thing I always get mixed up like is it supposed to be hollow sounding or full sounding!?).