Daily Check-in for May 6, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in for May 6, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I did not check in this morning. I was busy reading before work.

The rental office has finally contacted me abotu the "annual inspection" which is actually 6 months from my lease expiration. They are coming tomorrow at 10:30. I need to straighten up. I have most of the t-shirt sewn into rows. I hope to at least finish up the top. I will probably need to add top ad bottom borders. Then measure for the backing and binding.

I looked at the schedule and I am to work on Memorial day, but off on Wednesday. So I miss out on a long weekend. For the three of us on 1st shift, I am the second name on the list. The first get's Tues, I get Wed. The third gets Thurs (and works S-Th) So hopefully next time I will get a long weekend. It is hard with 24x7 coverage.

Anyways, Gotta pay more attention to work.
Have a great day,
Maggie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I have been up once again at too early o'clock but just could not stay in bed. It's the can't turn my brain off thing.... :?

Have gotten a lot done, taxes paid and paperwork done. Next up I need to go thru files and paperwork , I know I keep too much but have so much trouble deciding what can go and what needs to be kept. I am a list maker, calendar keeper and keep receipts...and It has served me well in the past. But I need to decide how much to keep.
FloridaCat, we must be from the same "old school" LOL.

Jackie, is it possible your underlying concerns are kicking up some fibro??? Stress does a number on mine.
I hope you can make some tele calls and set your mind to ease.

I did call the trash removal company after receiving a bill that was off the charts in charges...ridiculous amount for never even filling the container (3 houses). They didn't want to loose a customer so lowered it by 30.00 ....I can live with it now.

It is downright chilly today, overcast and rain expected this afternoon.

I am making cheddar brats and homemade fries for supper, eggs and toast for lunch.

Off to do something, kind of bored with this weather.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Its it weird that I can't decide whether I slept well or not? I really wanted to stay in bed longer but got up at 8.

Senior dog was quiet last night, so no getting up. The COD left early too and I never heard a thing.

Haven't been doing much. Took the dogs out, checked my veggies. Going to have so many squash - it is nuts. All from dry seeds that just sprouted from last year. I have one semi red tomato. Getting there!

I'm boiling eggs for tuna but I might go get something to eat also. Do have to go to the store to get milk

Very nice sunny day. Have a good one

Take care Miss Jackie!
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:36 am
This morning I’ll go through more papers. Getting rid of books and magazines is good but it is more important to get my paperwork as streamlined as possible. A young gal on YouTube has all her family’s important papers (birth certificates, house papers Etc. ) in one folder. I’ll definitely never get to that point but I need to be much better.

Have a good day.
I did that for myself about a year ago; not only my papers, but my late husband's as well as my parents; a separate folder for each of us.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

Up about 6:30am or so, trying to get up early to walk the dogs, that days are getting hotter.

So, dogs walked, dogs fed.

Laundry done, well in the dryer, things hung that need hanging.

My friend is an artist and I've purchased 5 of her paining and she has gifted me 2.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I found something useful looking through all my paperwork - a card that has my blood type on it. I’m happy to have it. It was paper clipped to an old insurance card and I cut it in half but when I saw what it was I taped it back together. I’ll put it in my wallet.