Daily Check in May 7, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in May 7, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
I slept good!!!
I have already worked on my dog again....cleaned up some stragglers of hair and clipped more around his face....He is 1/2 scottie 1/2 cairn so has a beard...I left him a beard but it is shorter. Looks so much better.
Wish I could say he is happy with it/me but he is not :lol:

I have my dog clipping clothes is the washer...dog hair everywhere LOL but this will also cut down on how much hair ends up on the floor.
The sun is shining but it is still chilly. More rain expected this evening :(
Tomorrow afternoon the son in law and I are going to pick up our bees! this is my birthday gift/Christmas gift to them. They used to have bees but they froze out .
I try to get them things like this for presents because they are useful and wanted. Plus I get honey!!!!

It also plays into the sustainability that we are all working towards.
Will do house chores and have a head of cabbage to make into something...thinking cabbage roll casserole.

Off to do whatever.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, my two older dogs act like I'm trying to assault them when I trim up their hair. The youngest, the one who was abused as a puppy, has become so trusting that she'll lie on her back with her fluffy paws up in the air and let me scissor out all the tiny knots and mats without batting an eye. It took nearly five years of constant kindness to heal her spirit and make her like that. She's such a sweet girl.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Dogs walked and fed.

DH cancelled his oxygen treatment for today, we think that he had a bad time Weds because he for got to take his stress pills. (Not complaining) I'll have to remember to remind him to take those pills. He had 3 sessions next week, fingers crossed.

Hope to get to Costco today, need gas and DH needs some work done on his hearing aid.

Fun, fun, fun.

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:35 pm Dogs walked and fed.

DH cancelled his oxygen treatment for today, we think that he had a bad time Weds because he for got to take his stress pills. (Not complaining) I'll have to remember to remind him to take those pills. He has 3 sessions next week, fingers crossed.

Hope to get to Costco today, need gas and DH needs some work done on his hearing aid.

Fun, fun, fun.

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

mbrudnic wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:45 am Good Morning,
A Day off and I wake up early. Oh well. Got the bathroom mostly cleaned, Laundry is going. I still need to vacuum and dust. There is some clutter to put away too.

We got cool weather again, frost warnings are out. Usually Mother's day is a good day to plant flowers and such it is a good benchmark for the last frost. This may be an odd year.

Plans for today include sewing together the rows of T-shirts, determining if I need borders to lengthen it (yes) and shopping for that fabric. Oh, it's payday and probably pay off my car day! Yipee!

My DB2 texted me yesterday, they found a house and had their offer accepted. They will be moving an hour closer. They will be close to DS1 & Family. I am excited.

Have a great day,
Maggie
WOO HOO, big wonderful news for you !!!

Enjoy your paid for car and your DB2!!

IC
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:
cabbage roll casserole made and oh so good! DD will get some this evening.
I need to run the vacuum, but am so tired already...gonna need a nap LOL

The wind is kicking up again and some sprinkles even though the sun is out. Weird weather.

Might make some cookies, mix up a batch and only bake 6-8 at a time...freeze the dough for later.
JCKitty