Daily Check In May 10, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In May 10, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,
Up and getting some things done, laundry going and because the sun is actually shining I will hang on the lines. Just need to watch the weather as we could get light rain this afternoon/early evening so will need to remember to get it in on time. I will put it on hangers so easy gathering that way.

I crockpotted beef scraps overnight along with the fat ...ugh I do not do fat....will "sort the broth" when it cools and freeze some, make dog food with some(add rice and veg).

With all of this cold weather and rain I don't know when i will get the last 2 pots planted and the patio completely set up. Supposedly we got 3 inches of rain yesterday...it was a brutal day. Cold and wet, very gloomy all day.
I made a to-do list for today, otherwise I would fritter away my time :roll:
I think I will add defrost the fridge to my list, give it a good scrub and put it back together.

JCKitty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Yesterday was ugly here too JCKitty,
Good Morning everyone,

I rolled out of bed, showered, dressed, sat on the couch nd dozed off again. Fortunately I woke up in time for my 8 AM shift turnover meeting. It was hard. I am feeling a bit better after coffee and breakfast.

I had texts from both sons and DS2 called me after he got off work. He will come down Wednesday for lunch.

Yesterday afternoon I did take myself over to the mall and walked for over 30 minutes. It was a leisurely pace, half a mile, but I moved! Yay me!

Depending on how I feel at the end of the day, I expect to skip my support group meeting. (40 Min drive one way) and go to bed early. We are not supposed to get rain, so hopefully bit of a walk. (At least 30 minutes). I need to get my blood sugars down.

Have a great day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. We have sun but it was 36 F this morning with some areas having light frost. I am doing laundry and will hang the sheets on the clotheslines in the garage. I love how they smell when I bring them in.

Teddi had a 9:00 AM appointment for an allergy shot. I arrived about 5 min before his appointment time. Called them to let them know we were in the parking lot. A tech came out and gave him his shot. She picked up the dog food I was returning because Teddi will not eat it. Someone called me on the phone to get payment information and then someone brought out a receipt and we were on the road home by 9:01 AM. I love not having to go in and wait like we use to before the pandemic. Teddi loves people but not friendly with other pets so it is always a problem trying to keep him quite. Also he likes to wander around and sniff things on his leash. That wears me down too. This method makes it so much easier on me.

I received a full refund of $55.00 for the dog food. The company that manufactures it guarantees a full refund if your pet does not like it. I tried on many different occasions to try to get him to eat it and he would take a few bites but not really eat it. I think it was too big for his little mouth. I tried soaking it and it would not absorb water even over night. I mashed some with a mallet to make it finer.. Nope.. So glad to get my money back. It will go towards his next food purchase from Ollie. They make human food grade food for home delivery.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

good morning,

It's going to be a long week, busy, medical appointments of one or another everyday this week. 4 for DH, 1 for me.

Got some bad news about DH's youngest brother yesterday, age 52 or so. short story after 25 years and 3 kids, 24, 18, and 16. He and his wife are getting divorced. The house is sold, papers for the home to be signed today. Have no idea what will happen with the house new his wife and kids have already moved to her mothers.

SIL, found out that he was (youngest BIL) in a bad car accident, we have no details, he is on a ventilator, several broken ribs, lung, broken bones. in the ICU, then rehab, no idea of time. BIL's soon to be x wife won't take care of him when he gets out. ( I can't blame her)

I broke my cell phone yesterday :|

IC
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:22 pm good morning,

It's going to be a long week, busy, medical appointments of one or another everyday this week. 4 for DH, 1 for me.

Got some bad news about DH's youngest brother yesterday, age 52 or so. short story after 25 years and 3 kids, 24, 18, and 16. He and his wife are getting divorced. The house is sold, papers for the home to be signed today. Have no idea what will happen with the house new his wife and kids have already moved to her mothers.

SIL, found out that he was (youngest BIL) in a bad car accident, we have no details, he is on a ventilator, several broken ribs, lung, broken bones. in the ICU, then rehab, no idea of time. BIL's soon to be x wife won't take care of him when he gets out. ( I can't blame her)

I broke my cell phone yesterday :|

IC
IC sorry to hear about what all you have having to deal with.. Hope your family will be ok and able to get through things ok. ((hug))
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am back at my office eating lunch. The one I was working at needs Samantha from "Bewitched" to clean it with a twinkle of her nose! Oh, it was a horrible mess. I sorted out stuff, threw out some empty boxes and bags, pushed some furniture around, and mostly organized. After lunch I will take mops, brooms and such from my office up there and do some real cleaning.
Mackie