Daily Check In May 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In May 15, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

It's just now turned off noon or I would say good morning, frugal friends. I fell into bed, just exhausted last night, and got up at 8:30. Even DH slept well.

So far I have cleaned the kitchen and master bathroom, dusted the furniture, scooped the cat box, done some laundry, cut a lotion bottle in half and used a spatula to transfer the remaining lotion to another pump bottle, and cleaned a slow drain with a glug of Dawn dishwashing detergent and a kettle of very hot water. Also scraped some soap build-up off the shower threshold with an old gift card. It works very well for that purpose.

In just a bit, I need to repair a framed multi-photo assemblage of DS when he was little. The plastic covering has turned dark yellow with time. Every week I try to take care of a few small things that have been annoying me, and this is one of them.

Must finish making a grocery list. I am inclined to do the shopping today so we have a day off tomorrow, although I do need to give DH a haircut and DS could stand a trim around the edges.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Yesterday, my daughter came over and took me out. I was very restless and asked it we could go to the H-E-B plus north of my apartment. I was able to find a few things I needed/wanted. We then drove through a take out chicken place and got some Fried Chicken which we brought back to my apartment.

I woke up close to 7 this morning. My grocery order is away, I have loaded the dishwasher and set it off. The top was full.

I managed to break another mug this morning, of course it was the pink my favorite color.

I now have 3 green and 3 pink mugs. I isn’t the design I like so much it is the weight. They are much lighter than other mugs I have had. I do have 2 stackable Tupperware mugs that are lighter still they can go in the microwave but only on 50% power.

I put the leftover fried chicken in the freezer. I will have steak for my dinner today, with coleslaw and a half a potato.

Penny
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:57 am
Publix has announced no more masks for employees or customers who are fully vaccinated. With customers, how can they tell? I’m sure that the anti-maskers who are vaccinated or not are now happy. I do not think this CDC decision will lead to a lot more vaccinations. (Ohio’s $1 million lottery prize for those who are vaccinated will have a bigger impact.) I’m going to continue wearing a mask in Publix. Yesterday I ordered three more of the masks that don’t make my glasses fog up.
My sister and her daughter weren't happy about this either and asked the same question. I told her to contact Publix Corporate to make a complaint. You can either call or use the contact form on their site.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Another beautiful, warm, sunny day! Still needed to turn the heat on first thing in the morning though to take the chill out of the house. It was sitting at 19 C or 66.2 F. The heat was on for about an hour and now the house remains warm by solar heat with window blinds drawn.

It’s been a busy morning. I hung two loads of laundry outside and had lots of watering to do as Dh overseeded part of our yard. All those tender grass seeds need lots of moisture. Dd2 and I also went for a bike ride this morning.

We are still under complete lockdown here - it was extended to June 2nd. Dh will no longer even practice his golf shots as a couple of people got $800 fines and they were just practicing and distancing. Yet you can have groups of three people walking with no problem. Doug Ford stated it’s not the golf itself that’s the problem but rather the socializing afterwards. A couple of golfers defied the orders and just started playing golf with their full gear. The ranger (who Dh knows) asked them to leave and they refused so the police had to be called. Apparently they took off before the police arrived. Of course these golfers hadn’t paid anything as the course must remain closed to comply with government orders. So it’s starting to cause some tension. Our total active cases is under 40 as more people are finally vaccinated.

Leaving for a walk with Dh.

Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

It just seems so strange that the mask mandate has been lifted in the U.S. if fully vaccinated both indoors and out , and yet we remain under full lockdown and are being encouraged to double mask!

Creative
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:47 pm My sister and her daughter weren't happy about this either and asked the same question. I told her to contact Publix Corporate to make a complaint. You can either call or use the contact form on their site.
All of the stores here are making the same decision on masks. Honestly I don’t blame them given the CDC announcement, the state ending all covid restrictions and our county ending the indoor mask mandate. Honestly if Publix didn’t do this they’d be the outlier.