Daily Check-in June 6, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in June 6, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I have been having issue sleeping lately too. I got to be early, but wake up close to midnight. Then again about 4 AM. For couple of weeks it seemed it was heartburn. So I made a conscious effort to watch my carbs late in the day. I has made a difference with heartburn. But I am still waking up. Then i feel tired all day.

I am still unmotivated to finish off the quilt. I brought home my machine and want to test it out and see if I see the same problem the repair man described getting special stitches to work or if he just did not know how to make it happen.

So I attended Mass, Stopped by the grocery store coffee bar for my Sunday coffee. Yesterday I went to Kohl's and bought 2 more pairs of workout shorts.

I just got a text from DDIL. She is taking the boys to her grandmother's pool this afternoon. So I guess I won't be visiting them. So I guess that is my sign to go sew.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by alliesmama4 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:27 am

itspennyc wrote: ↑Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:20 am
I have almost finished my bag for the walker, I need to finish my granddaughter’s Ruth Bader Ginsberg, I need to Work on designing my daughter's boyfriend TV set. That will be sewn.

After I finish these I want to work on sewing a Tiny Ruth Bader Ginsberg. I want to sew more of the 3” tall dolls and dress them in Judicial gowns. with of course her classic crocheted collar.

I can’t see why I can’t do it. The Most difficult part is likely to be tracing the pattern onto black fabric, and making the arms fold down.

I have an H-E-B order scheduled to be delivered between 9:30 and 10:30.

It is a fairly small one. But I didn’t need much other than produce, and meat. I did order the fixing for a few simple meals.

Penny
Penny I love to hear about the tiny little things you make. You are so creative.
Janet Alliesmama
Thank you. I wish I could post photos but I can't.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Went to the store to buy milk and eggs.

Also picked up a birthday card for my grand nephew. The one living in the parental home. He will be 16 tomorrow.

Threw some cash in it and dropped it off. Kids like cash! :mrgreen:
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:43 am Thank you. I wish I could post photos but I can't.

Penny
I know it would be so much fun to see them but I understand the problem. At least you can describe them to us which is interesting.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:14 pm Went to the store to buy milk and eggs.

Also picked up a birthday card for my grand nephew. The one living in the parental home. He will be 16 tomorrow.

Threw some cash in it and dropped it off. Kids like cash! :mrgreen:

When I started to give my nieces and nephews cash my SIL said it was the right size and color.. lol.
Janet Alliesmama
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Suddenly summer has arrived! It’s actually hot even in the shade. I guess the heat has travelled from the west. Not nearly as hot as at Jackie’s or M.J.’s. But hot enough to let Dh try out the central air conditioning. I think he’s been chomping at the bit to use it. We’re going to set it at 24C. or 75.2 F. We still plan to use our fans and open the windows and patio door at night as it does cool right down usually. So strange we actually turned on the heat about a week and a half ago! But now that we have it, we might as well enjoy it.

I have kept very busy today. Still in the process of shifting summer clothing over and storing the winter stuff. Some of the clothes were so wrinkled they looked like rags so I kept busy ironing in the morning. I think I ironed about 25 items, including several shorts of Dh. I am donating around six items and can hardly wait for the thrift stores to reopen so I can drop off my donations. Dd2 is getting rid of a lot of her stuff too. I like my man to look good, lol! And I try hard to put my best self forward too even though I am almost always at home.

I also cleaned out the fridge and the fridge freezer. It was a good day to clean the fridge as we hardly have any food left. It will be a bit of a challenge to stretch things out until Tuesday when I have my next pickup order. We are rationing out the fresh fruit, but with it being so hot some semi frozen fruit goes down pretty good. I discovered a small portion of pineapple I had frozen. That will be my dessert tonight along with the remaining plain yogurt. The fresh veggies are being rationed too! Wish me luck! Dh may have to settle for steamed frozen corn tomorrow even though it’s not his favourite. We are also out of frozen vegetables. But after watching “Alone “ last night it makes me feel like we have a plethora of food. I pitched a frozen pie shell and expired tarziki dip. Hate to throw away food but sometimes it gets ahead of you.

Dd2 and I went for a nice long walk this morning when it was much cooler. Lots of people outside enjoying the beautiful sunshine!

In the afternoon I spent a short time cultivating the back flower garden and now I have retreated to the shade of our back deck. I am enjoying the summer breeze, playing on the iPad and sitting in my favourite glider chair. It is so comfortable.Dh got in the act, sharpened the lawnmower blade, fastened hooks so we could display our remaining garden decor and cleaned underneath the lawnmower as he had been using the mulch feature. I am glad my working motivated him to do a bit. He’s gone back inside and is now watching some golf tournament on tv.

Soon if will be time to think about dinner. Dh and Dd2 will be having baked salmon. There’s a small amount of cooked BBQ chicken left over, so I will fashion a type of stir fry from one green pepper, fresh carrot diced and garlic. I will add a bit of water and chicken Bovril and that will be the “ gravy” for the brown rice. I am having a piece of vegetarian pizza and will probably just have some of the stir fry gravy over the rice. We have leftover sweet potato fries and a very small amount of frozen green peas. Hey might as well add the peas to the stir fry too! Dessert options are a little more interesting as we have some of my leftover cake and also ice cream.

Janet I am sorry you had a hard time sleeping. Hopefully tonight will be better!

Have a good evening all!
Creative