Daily Check-in June 6, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in June 6, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The arm is starting to feel much better. It is still pretty red at the injection site, and is still warm to the touch in comparison to the other arm. I no longer have the headache or the overwhelming sense of fatigue (still feeling tired though).

I have worked on the cross stitch and probably added at least 200 stitches to the project. Hopefully even more tomorrow.

This evening I will work on my knitting. Hopefully finishing off ball number two and starting ball number three. Getting close to finishing the first scarf of my Christmas box.

I would love to have a fire tonight, but the wind is a bit stiff. The fact that things are so dry, plus a stiff wind is perhaps not the best weather to start a fire in. Hopefully on Tuesday as I find it relaxing and I really may need relaxing before I head to the city.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:12 pm But how would they know who was fully vaccinated and who wasn't? Stores here still require you to wear a mask and I am quite willing to do so.

I haven't had that reaction yet, but perhaps when it gets really warm out I will.
who knows. They are not at the door checking cards.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

My plan for tomorrow is to hit the trail sometime in the morning - wish me luck :mrgreen:
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good evening, frugal friends. We have had a slightly rainy weekend, but it's been cool and pleasant.

I did not get grocery shopping done until shortly after 3 p.m. today. We spent $88 after coupons, the least in quite a while. We still wear our masks in the store, although we are fully vaccinated.

I used up all the slightly aging fresh fruit in the fridge this morning to make five yogurt-fruit parfaits to freeze for my lunches. Also used up an aging acorn squash and a huge sweet potato as the vegetable for my lunches by peeling, dicing, and dressing it with a little olive oil and some Penzey's seasoning before roasting it. No food waste and delicious meals are always a win.

Did not get any sewing done this weekend. The flannel for my towel project has been laundered and is waiting for me to get started.

Hope you all have a good evening.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:42 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

Suddenly summer has arrived! It’s actually hot even in the shade. I guess the heat has travelled from the west. Not nearly as hot as at Jackie’s or M.J.’s. But hot enough to let Dh try out the central air conditioning. I think he’s been chomping at the bit to use it. We’re going to set it at 24C. or 75.2 F. We still plan to use our fans and open the windows and patio door at night as it does cool right down usually. So strange we actually turned on the heat about a week and a half ago! But now that we have it, we might as well enjoy it.

I have kept very busy today. Still in the process of shifting summer clothing over and storing the winter stuff. Some of the clothes were so wrinkled they looked like rags so I kept busy ironing in the morning. I think I ironed about 25 items, including several shorts of Dh. I am donating around six items and can hardly wait for the thrift stores to reopen so I can drop off my donations. Dd2 is getting rid of a lot of her stuff too. I like my man to look good, lol! And I try hard to put my best self forward too even though I am almost always at home.

I also cleaned out the fridge and the fridge freezer. It was a good day to clean the fridge as we hardly have any food left. It will be a bit of a challenge to stretch things out until Tuesday when I have my next pickup order. We are rationing out the fresh fruit, but with it being so hot some semi frozen fruit goes down pretty good. I discovered a small portion of pineapple I had frozen. That will be my dessert tonight along with the remaining plain yogurt. The fresh veggies are being rationed too! Wish me luck! Dh may have to settle for steamed frozen corn tomorrow even though it’s not his favourite. We are also out of frozen vegetables. But after watching “Alone “ last night it makes me feel like we have a plethora of food. I pitched a frozen pie shell and expired tarziki dip. Hate to throw away food but sometimes it gets ahead of you.

Dd2 and I went for a nice long walk this morning when it was much cooler. Lots of people outside enjoying the beautiful sunshine!

In the afternoon I spent a short time cultivating the back flower garden and now I have retreated to the shade of our back deck. I am enjoying the summer breeze, playing on the iPad and sitting in my favourite glider chair. It is so comfortable.Dh got in the act, sharpened the lawnmower blade, fastened hooks so we could display our remaining garden decor and cleaned underneath the lawnmower as he had been using the mulch feature. I am glad my working motivated him to do a bit. He’s gone back inside and is now watching some golf tournament on tv.

Soon if will be time to think about dinner. Dh and Dd2 will be having baked salmon. There’s a small amount of cooked BBQ chicken left over, so I will fashion a type of stir fry from one green pepper, fresh carrot diced and garlic. I will add a bit of water and chicken Bovril and that will be the “ gravy” for the brown rice. I am having a piece of vegetarian pizza and will probably just have some of the stir fry gravy over the rice. We have leftover sweet potato fries and a very small amount of frozen green peas. Hey might as well add the peas to the stir fry too! Dessert options are a little more interesting as we have some of my leftover cake and also ice cream.

Janet I am sorry you had a hard time sleeping. Hopefully tonight will be better!

Have a good evening all!
Creative

Creative you have been one busy bee today.. Sounds like you are making good use of what you have on hand. I enjoy the challenge of using things up but it is just me and I do not have to take anyone else in to consideration, however sounds like your family will be ok even if you are low on things.

I have actually taken two naps today for short periods of time of about 45 min. I had to postpone all of my plans because I was actually feeling dizzy with fatigue. I decided to listen to my body instead of what my mind had planned.. lol. Tomorrow is another day..
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:02 pm Creative you have been one busy bee today.. Sounds like you are making good use of what you have on hand. I enjoy the challenge of using things up but it is just me and I do not have to take anyone else in to consideration, however sounds like your family will be ok even if you are low on things.

I have actually taken two naps today for short periods of time of about 45 min. I had to postpone all of my plans because I was actually feeling dizzy with fatigue. I decided to listen to my body instead of what my mind had planned.. lol. Tomorrow is another day..
take care of yourself!!