Daily Check in June 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in June 18, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:29 pm I am so proud of how you handled your emergency! Well done. I would certainly get the garage door checked out. Sorry Teddi is feeling poorly.
Thank you trees. There is more to be done but at least I will have light and some hot meals if need be. Would love to get a solar generator. That is on my long term list.

I do wish Teddi would spunk up. He has been to the Vet so much and it has cost a lot and they still do not have a clue what is going on with him. Poor little guy.
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:25 pm Update: I washed the doors and windows that were planned and a few more. In the process, I discovered why there are flat paving stones laid around our house at the foundation: it's to set a stool on for window washing! My husband usually washes them and is tall enough to stand without a step stool, but I am not. The doctor who owned this house for so long had a housekeeper and she must have been short.

I have half a grocery list made up and need to finish that. It's going to be an expensive trip after two weeks of not spending much. Still need to get to my sewing while the light is good.
Mackie I hope you plan on taking off the week-end? You have worked so hard through all of your vacation.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, I am taking the weekend off. All I have to do is buy groceries, cook some spaghetti and make a quick visit to Homeless Buddy to take him his mail.

I really enjoyed my vacation, despite doing so much work around the house. This afternoon I did a little splurge and bought some cushions for the rockers on the front porch and then stopped at the nursery and bought a basket of hot pink petunias and an old fashioned spider plant. The plants are on the table between the rockers. I joked that it's my tropical vacation spot. :-D

Did get the flannel towels sewn this afternoon and there were enough scraps to make seven face cloths. It feels very fancy having a matching set.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Janet,

I don't know why I have never told you this before....but Dd has a dog she "inherited" from her mother in law. He acts the same way you describe Teddi. He has been to numerous vets and no one can tell them why.
They suggested Purdue vet school for exploratory surgery but he is too old for that.

He eats well, vomits for no apparent reason, has been on special diet foods, homemade foods and yet it continues. Numerous vets have postulated that he "may" have been born with an internal issue. Of course that doesn't help him now but DD is determined to give him a good life and they just deal with it. DGD is a vet tech and she monitors him constantly.

All that to say, you do a great job with Teddi, sounds like you are on top of it.
I wish you and Teddi well.
JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

jckitty wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:34 am Janet,

I don't know why I have never told you this before....but Dd has a dog she "inherited" from her mother in law. He acts the same way you describe Teddi. He has been to numerous vets and no one can tell them why.
They suggested Purdue vet school for exploratory surgery but he is too old for that.

He eats well, vomits for no apparent reason, has been on special diet foods, homemade foods and yet it continues. Numerous vets have postulated that he "may" have been born with an internal issue. Of course that doesn't help him now but DD is determined to give him a good life and they just deal with it. DGD is a vet tech and she monitors him constantly.

All that to say, you do a great job with Teddi, sounds like you are on top of it.
I wish you and Teddi well.
JCKitty
Kitty thank you for the support and advise. I am thinking it could be due to his breed. He is a Shih Tzu and they do have delicate digestive systems/problems. Since all of his tests have come back normal I am just going to go day to day with him. As the vet said as long as he is drinking water he can go without food for 24 hours. He is drinking. The Vet has suggested seeing an allergist but one would be at the Vet College in Columbia, Missouri that would be an overnight stay and the other one is in MO and would be a long day trip. Right now the budget is so tight I cannot really afford it. He is such a sweet little dog I want him to have the best care I can afford.
Janet Alliesmama