Check in Tuesday June 29, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Check in Tuesday June 29, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Good late morning all,
Owned, hope you feel better soon. We have had some sort of viral thing go thru around here also...and those I heard about said it was really rough.

FloridaCat , I agree about the "cyber warfare" ....with all utilities and infrastructure being vulnerable it is a concern.

I slept okay last night once I finally stopped fighting the bed :roll: I made the mistake of reading a news feed before going to bed. I don't want to have my head in the sand but reading news before sleeping is not working for me.

I have the robo-vac going and the bedsheets in the washer .... I found I need a set of sheets :( , I took my extras to the camper. I do not like the micro fiber sheets, I much prefer the cotton or bamboo. Next time I am in town I will check Big Lots...surprisingly I once found a set of 1400 count Egyptian cotton sheets . Until then I will continue to wash and put back on the bed.

It is already hot outside, only supposed to last until Thursday night.

Off to hang laundry,
JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

It’s quite a cool day here today, only supposed to reach a high of 21 C. or 69.8 F. Unlike the scorching temperatures in British Columbia that reached an all time Canadian high in Lytton, B. c of 47.5 C. or 117.5 F, surpassing the heat in Las Vegas! They are not equipped for such heat as many homes don’t have air conditioning. People on the west coast have been flocking to the ocean to cool off.

This morning Dd2’s cat went to the vet for her annual checkup and vaccination. It’s been closer to 18 months since she last went. The cat was declared very healthy and the vet was pleased that her weight hadn’t increased at 10.8 pounds. At one time she was close to 12 pounds. Kitty is very anxious at the vets and it was quite a challenge to get her in the cloth crate. Even her favourite treats couldn’t tempt her. Dd2 was allowed to go in with her and the vet is very patient with her.

I picked some more fresh spinach from our garden which I will sauté with garlic for dinner. No need to water any of the garden this morning as rain is expected later today.

Well I am off for a long walk and have little that must be done this afternoon. I may just reorganize and clean the cupboards where I keep my pots and baking pans/supplies.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Owned..hope you feel better!
Pretty hot here today...but nothing like the northwest. I pray that heat wave ends now.
Have a ton of sheets and towels to wash today..almost all put back to normal after our girl's weekend.
Spent some time in the pool yesterday.
I really need to go food shopping. I also need to shake up my menu.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning.

Owned hope you feel better soon. ((hug)

Maggie: Break a leg.

Florida Cat I hope Pippi did well with her treatment and all is well for her.

Not much going on here. We are still in storm and rain mode until late Thursday with a possibility of a shower on Friday. However the 4th of July week-end there is suppose to be a big parade in St. Louis. I hope people are careful and wear masks because right now Missouri is one of the hot spots for covid.

Poor little Teddi is suffering from all of the storms. He even becomes apprehensive with the sound of the rain hitting the windows and refuses to eat. I think this afternoon, before the monsoon starts, I will take him for a ride in the car. He does love his rides. Currently he seems to be perky and happy.

I am busy getting everything transferred over from the various computer sites and putting things in new folders and deleting things no longer needed or wanted. Then I need to start to change my email address with all of the places I have interaction with on my computer. Will be happy when everything is organized.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Janet,
Have you ever heard of or tried Rescue Remedy for Teddies anxiety.
We had 3 dogs up on the hilltop that were very anxious before and during Thunderstorms.
There’s no narcotics in it, it’s all botanicals and it comes in a spray which is what I used.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Hello everybody,

Owned, I hope you feel better quick-stay hydrated. Janet, give Teddi a hug for me-he sounds adorable.
With the upcoming fireworks, he will be scared too-I don't like them myself! Someone keeps setting off what someone said were "cherry bombs". Those sound like a bomb!

Yesterday we went to the Asian market and we are shifting most of our shopping there now I think bc they have the best deals I think. We can get bags of fruit and veg for 1.00 each as they clearance them if they start to get old. Granted we have to eat it fast in the next two days or so. Normally we pay a lot for papayas(usually like 7.00) and Ranier cherries and we got a big bag for 1.00 (it was 4.99/lb for the Ranier cherries that were not clearanced and so I put that back and got the dollar bag and they were still good and sweet!). I am telling you my dh is getting really cheap more so than ever!

We had the papayas this morning for breakfast and it was delicious. So I think we are going to continue to do this-you cannot beat a dollar. Our total was 69.10 for our groceries this week. So we bought 12 bags at 1.00 each-I was laughing as the produce guy saw my dh and offered the bags he was putting on the shelf-my dh says he knew I was looking for those-I quipped yes, he recognizes a cheap guy when he sees one-lol! He answered "YUP! He knows me..."(and the guy never saw him before lol so idk what that says!).

It is dh's bday today, but he doesn't want anything done for him or to go out anywhere-he does not want to spend the money. It figures when he finally has the money, he gets so cheap or like wants to know where every penny goes-go figure!? He doesn't remember anything or is forgetful, or brain doesn't work all the time, but when it comes to his money, he knows exactly how much he has,etc-lol! :roll:

It was kind of sad yesterday, there is a homeless old man and think his wife living out of an old suv two blocks down, I think they have been there for a couple of weeks or so. Yesterday the city towed his vehicle away (must not be working parked in the city street which is the only way I think they can tow it away). I understand near homes you do not want homeless people and we have a lot lately I see-in CA they just set up tents or carts everywhere -but then again it is so expensive even we are the cheapest area, but the expensive areas with waterfront views are cleaning them up too in Sausalito,etc. (way over million dollar homes like multi-million dollar homes there). But I felt sorry for the old guy and his wife bc maybe they cannot find rent cheap enough for social security if they even have that!?

That was always my biggest fear for some reason to end up homeless-one reason I paid off my house asap-but you never know things can change and happen. If my dh left me, there goes my income too-since I get zero in-and Idk if they divide up social security which is not that much to begin with! And I am not eligible yet! The kids always tell me dad cannot survive without you mom don't worry-lol! Dad hears this and says I can survive-I had no problems past 60 something years! LOL :lol: yeah right, I tell him!