Daily Check in July 1, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check in July 1, 2021

Post by chocolite »

Good afternoon, frugal friends, and Happy Canada Day to our neighbors to the North.

I've had a few days of pure panic. One of my incisions started to open and there was a small amount of weeping/seeping. It scared me enough that I called my surgeon's office on Tuesday. They got me right in. The surgeon who looked at it said he thought it was just a surface infection and I should keep it clean and dry/bandaged to let it heal on its own. But, he did say that if it was inside my incision, the stim unit would have to be pulled. And with all the scar tissue involved there would be no 3rd chance for another one. Because of my history, they did a consult with my infectious disease doc. She sent me for lab tests and an MRI to make sure the infection had not gotten inside the incision. I did both of those yesterday. This morning I got a call from my surgeon's nurse telling me my white blood count was 7, which is perfect, and the MRI films don't show any infection inside the incision. WHEW! I can't even describe my relief.

Yesterday was a long and hard day for me physically. I didn't get home from the MRI appointment until about 9:30p. This morning I could barely get out of bed. But I've done a few things and the extreme pain is lessening. I also got to bump up my stim unit today. I'm now on program 3, level 4. The Dori song from Finding Nemo is playing like a loop in my brain: Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. LOL.

Our temp is only 85° right now but the humidity is pretty bad. But the good news is we're getting a cold front later today and the 4th of July weekend temps will be just lovely. What a gift. I'm hoping to go to the farmer's market tomorrow. DH said he will go with me to carry stuff (he's taking a vacation day tomorrow to extend his long weekend). I'd love to make a nice big fruit salad for us to enjoy for several days.

I've been eating anything and everything for the past few weeks and I can tell it in my clothes and in how I feel. I've got to get a grip. I hate so much that I am an emotional eater. I'm so jealous of people who, when they feel super stressed, can't eat. I do the opposite. Food means WAYYYY too much to me. [sigh]
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Have done most of what I had planned on doing - except give senior pup a bath. But he is sleeping, so will wait until he wakes up

Today is the 5th anniversary of my mom's passing. Time has flown.

So went to the church to sign up for a mass for her birthday - which would have been Wednesday.

Also went and picked up a sandwich from the new food truck. Now I am home and piddling around.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, I am glad the infection looks to be superficial. (((hugs)))

For once, we are not going to have rain on the Fourth, which usually means a steep increase in illegal fireworks. I'm hoping that they're hard to get this year and that the local police have already issued a news statement that they will enforce the law and issue citations may cut down on it.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

chocolite wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:54 pm Good afternoon, frugal friends, and Happy Canada Day to our neighbors to the North.

I've had a few days of pure panic. One of my incisions started to open and there was a small amount of weeping/seeping. It scared me enough that I called my surgeon's office on Tuesday. They got me right in. The surgeon who looked at it said he thought it was just a surface infection and I should keep it clean and dry/bandaged to let it heal on its own. But, he did say that if it was inside my incision, the stim unit would have to be pulled. And with all the scar tissue involved there would be no 3rd chance for another one. Because of my history, they did a consult with my infectious disease doc. She sent me for lab tests and an MRI to make sure the infection had not gotten inside the incision. I did both of those yesterday. This morning I got a call from my surgeon's nurse telling me my white blood count was 7, which is perfect, and the MRI films don't show any infection inside the incision. WHEW! I can't even describe my relief.

Yesterday was a long and hard day for me physically. I didn't get home from the MRI appointment until about 9:30p. This morning I could barely get out of bed. But I've done a few things and the extreme pain is lessening. I also got to bump up my stim unit today. I'm now on program 3, level 4. The Dori song from Finding Nemo is playing like a loop in my brain: Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. LOL.

Our temp is only 85° right now but the humidity is pretty bad. But the good news is we're getting a cold front later today and the 4th of July weekend temps will be just lovely. What a gift. I'm hoping to go to the farmer's market tomorrow. DH said he will go with me to carry stuff (he's taking a vacation day tomorrow to extend his long weekend). I'd love to make a nice big fruit salad for us to enjoy for several days.

I've been eating anything and everything for the past few weeks and I can tell it in my clothes and in how I feel. I've got to get a grip. I hate so much that I am an emotional eater. I'm so jealous of people who, when they feel super stressed, can't eat. I do the opposite. Food means WAYYYY too much to me. [sigh]
Patty, you are such a strong person. I’m glad that there is no infection inside the incision. (((Hugs))) Enjoy the farmer’s market and your Fourth of July.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:06 pm Have done most of what I had planned on doing - except give senior pup a bath. But he is sleeping, so will wait until he wakes up

So went to the church to sign up for a mass for her birthday - which would have been Wednesday.

Also went and picked up a sandwich from the new food truck. Now I am home and piddling around.
It is hard to believe it has been five years. (((Hugs, Clem))) You were and are a wonderful daughter.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:06 pm Have done most of what I had planned on doing - except give senior pup a bath. But he is sleeping, so will wait until he wakes up

Hugs Clem.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/