Daily Check in July 1, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 1, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal friends,

I forced myself out of bed and to the Y for my walk. It is raining this morning but supposed to clear out by dinnertime and we are supposed to have a nice weekend with low humidity.

I have mixed feelings about Bill Cosby. Horrible that his trial had so many irregularities. And he did do a lot of public good. But it does seem to normalize a bit more violence against women. Such a shame.

Anyways,
Have a good day,
Maggie

alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in July 1, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Another rainy and stormy day ahead. This is suppose to be the last day in this rainy mode. I can hardly wait for it to get sunny and dry out so that I can tackle the jungle that has growing up while we have been stuck in the house.

It is hard to believe it is July 1st. Time is flying by.

Not much going on here today just laundry and some cooking ahead. My aide will be here to help out. I do get things started before she comes ie soak the dish towels and spot clean things before she comes. Then she does the rest ie folds and irons, and puts things away. Unloads the dishwasher, clean the bathrooms etc. Things along that line. To me those things are harder to due to fatigue and my arthritis. I still like to do things and I like to putter. Sometimes she will tell me she can do whatever it is I am doing but told her right now I still like to do things for myself. She is a good companion and when she is done with her chores for the day we sit and talk. Hopefully once the weather gets better we can go for a ride. We have talked about talking a picnic lunch to one of the parks in our area.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians. Many places have decided to forgo celebrations in respect for all those who attended Residential Schools. We have always had a rather quiet Canada Day so nothing much has changed.

Also it is darn hot hot. At 6 am it is already 18 C (64 or so F) and will reach (according to the weather people) 32 C or 90 F. I always add a couple of degrees because of living in the city and the reflection off windows, and the heat from structures and pavement. Scary thing is it is just going to get hotter and hotter until at least Monday of next week. Poor air conditioner will be working overtime.

Today is the start of the back end of the year.... I just can not believe 6 months of 2021 have gone by. Even being under restrictions the months seem to have whizzed on past.

Not much happening today. I need to enter the budget amounts, and file paperwork (always keep hard copies of my bills for about 5 years in a binder). Then of course there are the usual Thursday household tasks. My blood pressure chart must be added to as I have finished all the months I had marked down and since I took the day off from sewing I need to work on my quilt top. It is going to be a very wild looking project once totally finished.

I have my extra cleaning list to do up for the month as well as my new project list for the month of July (think I will do a smaller one with just the carry overs from this month).

Frugally speaking my walks will be my frugal fitness for today. I have a feeling I will be taking a longer walk this morning, and perhaps a longer walk after supper when it is cooled down some. I do not want to be out in the heat of the day. Meals will of course be made from what is on hand. In fact today supper will be the leftover sweet and sour ribs, leftover salad, all I will need to make is the rice.

Today I am grateful that my home is my cool oasis in the summer and a warm one in the winter.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I forgot to mention that our property tax dropped by almost $500.00!!! So along with the drop in our car insurance and plates of about $200.00 we saved $700.00 off the budget this year.

Doing a happy dance here.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Boy I got up early today - 7:15. The pups were ready to go outside.

I've already had one cup of coffee and getting ready to start the next

The sun was so bright this morning. Wonder if we will get rain again today.

Temps are holding steady. We barely hit 90 - which is strange for around here. But I'll take it.

I don't know how the people in the pacific nw are handling this. I heard there have been fatalities due to the heat!!!

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I slept pretty well. am thankful for that!
It is not raining now and supposed to clear off and humidity drop today, that is wonderful news! I have dog rugs on the lines and the robo-vac going.

I found a place on some outdoor wood trim that the squirrels have chewed on! I need to deal with it soon as they will keep chewing and then I will have a major issue. I have formulated a plan and need some spray foam to finish the plan. I have had to do this before so I know it will work. Thats what happens when you live in a woods LOL.

I have to make broccoli salad for tomorrow evening (requested) and I would like to get an Angel food cake made... it has been too wet to make one, moisture affects the whipping of the egg whites.

My yard really needs mowed but it is just too wet and the ground is super-saturated. So Maybe Monday or Tuesday.

Off to do "whatever"
JCKItty