Daily Check in July 13, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in July 13, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Hello All,

Owned, still praying for you and yours...great news about your daughter. I pray she continues to improve.

(((FloridaCat))), I know Pippi is your heart and I hope she improves.

The weather here continues to be sucky....I have so many toadstools coming up because it is so wet. The mosquitoes are horrible also.
I did bookwork this morning, my utility bills have changed due dates so are coming in later. I don't like that as I like to pay bills at the first of the month and then be done. But I am not in charge LOL.
I have a landline which carries my internet and the price has gone up wayyyy much....too much. I am going to investigate bundling with my TV and cell phone and just give up the landline I have had ALL my life. It makes me nervous to not have a landline but everyone around me only uses their cell and they seem to be fine. The weird thing is I have more trouble with my landline than any other thing.

I have a sinus headache today, not surprising considering the weather.
Off to do whatever,
JCKitty
icfrugal1

Re: Check in Tuesday July 13

Post by icfrugal1 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:38 am Hello everyone. LeAnn my dd is off the ventilator and doing well. Still got fluid on the lungs, but much better. Probably get out of ccu in the next day or two. Talking about rehab to get her stronger. She has had problem that drs say she just doesn’t breathe properly. I have not been able to post the last 2 days so hope this one goes through.
Praying and sending positive thoughts for you and your family.

IC
Prairie Waif2

Re: Check in Tuesday July 13

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:38 am Hello everyone. LeAnn my dd is off the ventilator and doing well. Still got fluid on the lungs, but much better. Probably get out of ccu in the next day or two. Talking about rehab to get her stronger. She has had problem that drs say she just doesn’t breathe properly. I have not been able to post the last 2 days so hope this one goes through.
So good to get good news on LeAnn. I hope that the rehab doctors can get to the underlying problems that are causing her breathing problems.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

I got up somewhat late today, or rather, I got out of bed late. There was a good news bit on the radio and I laid there and listened to it before getting up.

I didn't get my fruit crisp make the other night. I got the fruit thawed out to make it tonight after the weather cools down to the mid-70s. I wish I could open my windows but being on the first floor? I'm leery of having someone crawl in through one. I guess I've watched too many crime shows BUT it is always possible!

I ran out of hot dawgs!! Time to go out and pick-up a few packages. I bought 4 packages of buns when they were really cheap a couple of weeks ago. It feels weird to not have them for lunch! I have been replacing them with Cheese/onion Sandwiches and/or PB sandwiches.

I see my shrink today about my complex PTSD. All the nightmares about my mother of late have been really bothering me. I really don't think there is much I can do about it. If I can? Maybe Doc will have an answer or helpful advice.

Supper tonight is not planned out. It may be mac&cheese or spaghetti. Not sure yet.

Nothing really happening over here except trying to stay cool!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Thank you all for your encouraging words about Pippi. She had her B12 shot yesterday so has more pep today, I think.

I cut the side strip and back yard. I’m so glad to get it done because it really needed it. The storm threw me off last week and I didn’t cut it but it is done now. I also trimmed front and back but there is plenty more to do. The ixora were in direct sun so they’ll wait for another day. When I got out of the shower, there was a spider on the tiles. I don’t have spiders in the house normally so I’m guessing this was in my hair or on me.

Kitty, my landline and Internet are connected, too, and I’ve also thought of getting rid of my landline. I get SO many spam calls so I let everything go to my machine.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am back from my building and holding down a chair by the front door at my summer work assignment.

The heating and air guy was two and a half hours late showing up, but I put up some signs, swept the lobby and the office, and took an hour of online training while waiting on him. He had a helper and they finished twice as fast.

All I had to do after they left was check all the doors and lights, take out the trash, and then write up maintenance tickets. It was a pretty peaceful way to spend five hours.
Mackie