Daily Check In July 17, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In July 17, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Mackie,
I still wear my masks ...but I have noticed sometimes I am the only one with a mask on.... It is very disheartening... we have a lot of anti-vaxxers around here and they like to throw fits if told to wear one.

Have you ever tried making lettuce wraps? They are really good and filling , of course you would have to prep all of the fillings at home. I don't blame you for trying to take a break from all of the prepping and cooking.
I get to the point where I don't eat because I don't want to think of what to prep and cook...to me sometimes it all seems the same LOL!

I have run the vacuum and floor cleaner, the sun came out for awhile so I hung some laundry. I have 1 more floor to clean.
Might take a short nap.

JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Florida now leads the nation in new Covid infections. We are a large state, but still. Florida is the only state in the nation that reports Covid numbers only once a week. This started in early June. Some of the numbers, such as hospitalizations, are no longer reported but our newspaper gets them from the CDC. Last week my county had 1,365 new cases and 160 hospitalizations. Our region (7 counties) had 7,701 new cases, more than double the previous week, and 723 hospitalizations. I am thinking of starting to wear my mask again but haven’t done it so far.

I went through much of my uncle’s paperwork and shredded much of what had to be shredded. I still have a bit to go through tomorrow. I found a half dozen notes from my mom to my uncle and cannot throw them away. Of course I cried. My uncle certainly had his issues but I loved him and miss him.

I decided to wait to go to Publix. Really need very little but I’m hoping to get Kleenex because it is the first time it has been on sale (3/$4.00) in awhile. Seems like the tissue shelves are often empty or close to empty. I bought Walmart tissues for about the same price but prefer Kleenex.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by alliesmama4 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:22 am

itspennyc wrote: ↑Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:13 am
A quiet morning, my H-E-B order was delivered. I put away the perishable foods. I still have some cereal and baking soda to put away.

Yesterday while at Walmart I bought sone fabric, I washed it all last night. I was able to find the tiny red gingham I wanted, I plan on making Tiny Gingham Scotty dogs as Christmas presents this year. Tree ornament size.

I was so tied last night I went to bed before 9 pm. I slept until 7 am.

Dinner today will be my treat meal of the week steak and an ear of corn.

I also bought a square of carrot cake.

Penny

Penny your Scotty dogs and red gingham sound adorable.. Will you be doing a tiny knit dog?
No I plan on making tiny Scottie dogs of a very small red gingham.

Penny
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by MackerelCat » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:45 pm

Hi, Logics. Good to see you again.

Penny, your Christmas gifts sound adorable.

We are home from the grocery store. I have started back wearing a mask to the stores, even though I am fully vaccinated, because there are already reports of the Delta variant infecting vaccinated people here.

We spent $123, which was high because we bought paper goods, some pet treats, a huge bulk refill bottle of window cleaner, and I accidentally misread the price and bought Rainer cherries at $7.99 a pound. Only one pound, but still! I thought they were $2.99 a pound, so it could have been worse.

I did find some Healthy Choice wraps in the freezer section that were marked way down as discontinued items and bought enough for my lunches this week. Every now and then I need a break from thinking up meals.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
Thank you. I do hope they turn out cute the way I planned.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:05 pm No I plan on making tiny Scottie dogs of a very small red gingham.

Penny
Oh that sounds so cute too.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:58 pm Just dropped in to say hi.

I miss you guys but I lead such a dull life, I can't see writing the same thing day after day after day. I read, I play on the computer, I'm trying to learn Spanish, I'm exercising, watching tv, yada, yada, yada.

One day I will come up with something that won't cause "an issue" so that I can visit again on a daily basis. But until I do . . .

Be good and stay cool.

Logics
Logics good to hear from you.. Stay in touch.
Janet Alliesmama