Biggest Leak in Your Budget?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Biggest Leak in Your Budget?

Post by HappyDaze »

Does anyone have an area in their budget where you have a hard time reeling it in and wish you spent less? This could be something you can't help - like debt repayment, or something you just feel like you spend too much on.

For me, I spend too much on treats for my dogs!! Also, I have been known to pick up an unnecessary item or two - or ten - at Dollar Tree when I go in to buy my bread and frozen blueberries. It's always something I'm going to USE - it's not like it gets thrown in a drawer and forgotten - but it's not really an immediate need.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Re: Biggest Leak in Your Budget?

Post by floridacatlover »

Biggest leak in my budget BY FAR is insurance of all types - homeowners (including flood), health (Medicare supplement and Part D) and auto.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

I would have to say mine right now is utilites,

JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

jckitty wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:19 am I would have to say mine right now is utilites,

JCKitty
I can't stand the sight of my utility bill right now. Most of it is my daughter's to pay (and she does) but I am not used to seeing numbers this high this time of year. She runs her a/c, leaves lights burning, lets hot water run, etc. I just shake my head and tell her what her share is. I guess I don't have to understand the behavior as long as she is paying the bill.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

There is no such thing as too many treats for your dogs. Just putting that out there.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

For me it is groceries, I refuse to not eat healthy.

Plus I do spend more on the Mootopia milk. I is $3.98 a half gallon, but it has a much longer refrigerator shelf life. Plus extra protein and calcium.

I don’t drive. So to me it is worth the extra money.

I also keep my A/C and heat at the temperature I need. I am on the budget plan so I pay the same amount year round.

Most years I have some taken off the balance billing month.

Since we can have more than one user on the newspaper digital copy my daughter and I are talking about sharing one account. I don’t know yet which one of us it will be.

I no longer drive so no car related expenses. I do have renters insurance.

Penny