are you still wearing you mask???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: are you still wearing you mask???

Post by Jackielou »

I have never worn one outside, or driving alone in my vehicle. I wear it just inside buildings. We never had a mask mandate if you were outside, though people did wear them I noticed and if they were in large groups they did so as well. Me, well I never went to any demonstrations or large group gatherings so that was not a problem.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:58 am I have never worn one outside, or driving alone in my vehicle. I wear it just inside buildings. We never had a mask mandate if you were outside, though people did wear them I noticed and if they were in large groups they did so as well. Me, well I never went to any demonstrations or large group gatherings so that was not a problem.
Until I was fully vaccinated, I always wore a mask at curbside vet service where I talked to the vet nurse through a half-open window. Now I don’t wear a mask there but the vet nurses continue to wear masks. I’ve definitely never worn a mask alone in my car.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I did not wear mine for a few weeks after being fully vaccinated, but have returned to doing so as there have been cases of the Delta variant infecting vaccinated people here. I honestly just feel better with it on.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

I still carry a mask with me at all times and have extras in my car. But I have not felt the need to wear it since Ohio lifted the mandates and I was vaccinated fully.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Anywhere indoors away from home, yes. I never stopped, even after being fully vaccinated. Oklahoma does not have a high percentage of fully vaxxed (we have a high percentage of anti-vax) and the Delta variant is causing infection #s to climb again (infection rate doubled in just 3 weeks).

I just see it as an ounce of prevention in terms of potentially passing the germ along, should I get it and be unaware.

DH is out of town this week in a state that, alarmingly enough, has vax rates even LOWER than OK's. Hard to fathom, but whatever floats their boat. His employer's offices worldwide have mask mandates so at least he's probably not going to bring it home.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

outside - no. Inside our small store - yes.

They have taken down the shields in front of the cash registers. And most of the workers do not wear a mask.