Daily Check in July 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 22, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Well, Dad came, charged my battery and we drove to Autozone and bought a new battery.

DS2 thinks he has tonsillitis. So he made a doctor's appointment.

That's about all I have from here. I shut off my AC and opened the door to the balcony to take advantage of the 60 deg F temps.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in July 22, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Delete
Last edited by floridacatlover on Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We are under a deep fog, or it could be smoke from the fires across Western Canada. I haven't opened the door to take a sniff and see. I love the fog it gives the world a mysterious quality that it lacks at times.

I did my shopping yesterday and only managed to cut the 2" t-shirt strips into 4 during a short period of time in the afternoon. I hope to get 2 of the grid squares done today and perhaps a bit more if I am lucky.

Once again I will be following my usual frugal practices of which I am getting a bit bored.

I took the plunge and entered one of the second hand stores here in the city. It was surprisingly empty and there seemed to be better quality things to choose from this time around. I only bought some fabric (I know I had said no more until I used much of my stash) that I just had to have.

Next week, or perhaps tomorrow, I will try out the other second hand store and see what they have there. This store usually has the better quality goods but they don't get the craft supplies or furniture the other store does.

I made a list of movies and television series I want to watch over the course of the winter. It's actually pretty darn lengthy and I know I will be adding to it as I find suggestions here or on other forums and blogs. I am already making a reading list as well for the same reason. Our winters are long, cold and hopefully snowy (need the insulating protection for our plants), people need to stay occupied with something.

Supper tonight is clean out the fridge, there are lots of bits and bobs in there. Hubby and I might not be eating the same meal, but that is okay.

Today I am grateful for quiet mornings and talking to all of you.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Just took out my recyclables and was totally surprised at how gorgeous it was out. Will be going out later to take advantage of the cooler air today.

Not much else really planned except to practice my Spanish and my Zoom Bingo hour.

Hope all are well.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I thought it was later than what it is. Thought I had slept for hours, but no - was barely 8 when I finally got up. One pup kept being agitated.

Had some weird dreams again.

I'm having my coffee and contemplating my day. Mop of course. What else is new?

Check on the ill sibling. Hope she had a good night.

Other sibling will be driving down to see her also.

Hope all have a great day.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

I actually did something productive yesterday! I had some shredded beets in the freezer that I thawed out and pickled with a recipe I found online. They turned out really well, VERY tasty. I posted the recipe already.

It was 100F/37C yesterday with the heat index. As I went out I thought it was cooler. ACK! By the time I got back from buying some cheesecloth and a few other items at Sobeys, I had wet hair around my neck! I had just gotten out of the shower and all dried off only to have that! UGH! I came inside and checked my weather network and found out the truth of the temperature! That was a surprise! I just checked the weather for today, It's going to be a repeat of yesterday. Well, I only have a quick trip out of the house so I won't be out for long.

Like Jackie, we are getting smoke from the forest fires in Northern Saskatchewan and Manitoba. In Brandon yesterday you had only about a half mile visibility. There are air quality warnings out for people with breathing related health issues (asthma, COPD, etc). Over 3,000 people from northern communities have been evacuated to Winnipeg and Brandon. The Canadian Forces is sending out 100 people to help with our Fires and also the HUGE fires out in BC.

I just turned on the dishwasher to clean-up yesterday's cooking efforts. Not sure what else is on the plan for today as I have the laundry done. I may just go spiffy up the bathroom.

That's the skinny from here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.