Daily Check in July 24. 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in July 24. 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My shopping helper wasn’t feeling well, so I placed a delivery order. It will be here between 11:30 and 12:30.

I did find my missing screw driver, it was in a drawer, not the drawer it belonged in but the drawer of my bedside table. It is now where it belongs. This screw driver has sentimental value. My late husband took my sewing machine screw driver because he couldn’t find that size than misplaced it. I made him buy me a Craftsmen screw driver to replace it. He kept insisting I didn’t need that quality. I said if you do so do I.

I moved my arm wrong during the night and my left shoulder is bothering me this morning.

This morning I hope to sort my fabric and put the assorted fat quarters in one place. I have a lot of them.

I want to see about re arranging the bedroom. I have to measure and see if it will fit. I would be getting rid of one bedside table.

Time will tell.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:27 am My shopping helper wasn’t feeling well, so I placed a delivery order. It will be here between 11:30 and 12:30.

I did find my missing screw driver, it was in a drawer, not the drawer it belonged in but the drawer of my bedside table. It is now where it belongs. This screw driver has sentimental value. My late husband took my sewing machine screw driver because he couldn’t find that size than misplaced it. I made him buy me a Craftsmen screw driver to replace it. He kept insisting I didn’t need that quality. I said if you do so do I.

I moved my arm wrong during the night and my left shoulder is bothering me this morning.

This morning I hope to sort my fabric and put the assorted fat quarters in one place. I have a lot of them.

I want to see about re arranging the bedroom. I have to measure and see if it will fit. I would be getting rid of one bedside table.

Time will tell.

Penny
Penny Glad you stood your ground and got the screwdriver you needed and deserved to get back.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I am having a lazy day, we had some really hard rain move thru last evening, came down hard and seemed to be a lot of it. It made wash marks in the gravel parking area.

We are cool so far but the weather dude says we are getting a heat wave.... :roll:

Just the usual going on around here today, house chores and maybe some weeding. The fiance is trying to work early on tree jobs to beat the heat....

Off to do whatever.
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by alliesmama4 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:16 am

itspennyc wrote: ↑Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:27 am
My shopping helper wasn’t feeling well, so I placed a delivery order. It will be here between 11:30 and 12:30.

Time will tell.

Penny
Penny Glad you stood your ground and got the screwdriver you needed and deserved to get back.
He wanted the best of everything. I was satisfied with a product that had the features I wanted.

We did buy a Singer Featherweight sewing machine just before I found out we were expecting our first child. We paid $69 (about $613 in todays dollars. We bought a used one. I saved by sewing enough money to pay for the sewing machine before our son was born.

Penny
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good morning,
We are in the midst of a heat wave, temperatures ranging from 95 to 102. It will be that way for the forseable future. However we are blessed that smoke from the wildfires north of us have not blanketed our area as what usually happens. But if the wind directions changes all bets are off and I will be cooped up in my bedroom with the HEPA filter running and not able to work. So far work is going well. In spite of the heat I am doing ok outdoors. We are encouraged to stand in shady areas and drink lots of water.

I have done the bulk of grocery shopping for the rest of this month and all of August. I went to both Costco and Sams Club. Right now I am dividing up meat, double packing and putting in the freezer. My shopping excursions cost almost $400.00 but I am set food wise. I bought very little in the way of processed foods, just a few things with 5 ingredients or less to use when its either too hot or I am not up to cooking. Ideally for health and economy I should be fixing everything from scratch but for me that is not realistic. I like to be prepared so we don't have to rely on takeout. Door-dashing is about $50 per pop and the delivered food is not really good for us.

Plan on running the robo-vacs and doing some general cleaning. I do a little deep cleaning as I go so will probably do a little of that.

Have a great day and stay cool!

Bev
Last edited by Beverley on Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Sibling is still in the hospital. Dr wants her to lose five more pounds of fluid.

She texted asking about the walker my brother had - the one that passed away last year.

That woman refuses to spend a dime on herself!!! I told her we gave it away already. And to just get a new one. One that has the features she needs. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!