Daily Check In August 3, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check In August 3, 2021

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Feels almost fall-like here with the cooler temps. AC is off and I have windows open.
Kitty, Congrats on the new grand!
Logics, glad your sister arrived safely.

I am waiting for the workers to finish up with the new bedroom flooring. Had hoped it would be a 1-day job, but it's stretched into 2. So far, it looks very nice and will be a lot easier to take care of.

We moved most of the furniture into the living room. Big Boy thinks we built him a jungle Jim. The box springs are up against the front window (vertically). I caught him sitting on top of the springs! He also jumped on top of the mattress, which is sitting against another wall. He's a lot more agile than his age/weight would suggest.

Anyway, once they leave, I'll start putting stuff back in the closet. Everything else will have to wait until DH gets home. Dinner will be pork chops in the crock pot.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I'm up, had my coffee and showered/dressed. Ready to get this day going

Sunny out today and shouldn't be as warm as last week. One more day closer to cooler weather!

Time is speeding by. Weird.

thinking of what to have for breakfast - oatmeal?
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I only woke up once during the night. I have had breakfast, I was going to make oatmeal cookies but it turned out I was almost out of pecans. I put everything away and put pecans on my list.

I had to fix my phone bag, but I was able to fix it. I do plan on making another.

I found a cute fat quarter at Walmart, it was a gigantic 72¢. I didn't know that when I bought it. I am now trying to decide just what to make of it. I only have the one piece and it is a one way print. That makes it more difficult to decide.

Penny
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

The air quality in our city is once again compromised so I got my walk in early before the smoke was too bad. I sure hope those distant forest fires can be brought under control soon. I only watered the pots today but did pick some beans and peas. I think there will be one more picking of both and then I will clear out the debris to give more room to the lettuce. I made a huge bowl of salad and had to pick through the greens as some were spoilt. Green onions, the last red pepper and some mini cucumbers were cut up and are ready to add to some future salads. I calculated what few grocery items were needed for my Walmart visit after lunch.

So I did do a bit of in person shopping and probably bought the last of this season’s cherries at $2.97/ pound. That’s a very good price for around here. I won’t pay anymore than $3 per pound. The line up to check out was insane and next time I must go in the morning. I also managed to book an appointment for Covid testing before my trip. It’s not required by the airline but Dd1 thought it a good idea for peace of mind. It’s required for her to enter Canada, along with her proof of vaccination. It’s not easy booking for Covid testing unless you are symptomatic in Canada. Much easier in the U.S. I believe. I will then have proof as back up. I am not sure whether Dd2 plans on this.

It’s been a pretty relaxed day and I had some time to watch the Olympics. I saw Simone Biles’ bronze performance on the balance beam, narrowly beating out the Canadian girl. The other sport featured was men’s volleyball, Canada vs Russian Olympic Committee. The Russians were leading the last time I watched. I have also enjoyed watching them. It’s just rather bizarre with no spectators allowed.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Kitty I am thrilled to hear about the safe arrival of your newest granddaughter. How very special! Especially after a difficult pregnancy.

Logics I wish you the best with your sister’s arrival.

Creative
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

It's so good to hear of the two safe arrivals!

I am having a somewhat hectic workweek. Been in training every morning for five hours and then working out of another building in the afternoon. Today my rather old office computer kicked the bucket, which added to the hectic.

But right now I have a kitty cuddled up in my lap, so things are good. Hope you all have a peaceful evening.
Mackie