Daily Check In September 4, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 4, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Morning, slept in, so starting us off. Will be back later on.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In September 4, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. I have been up since around 4:00 AM we were having heavy rain and then thunder and lightning.. poor Teddi was very anxious. There was not enough time to give him the botanicals just held and petted him until the worst was over. He went out to potty and then fell asleep on my bed. I of course am still awake. Our weather will pretty much be rain and storms off and on the rest of the day and evening. At least the temperature is down in the (70's F )(21.11 C).

Not much going on here other than I will be cooking and puttering.

Have a good, safe, and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had oatmeal blueberry muffins for breakfast. I have set up the pattern tracing/cutting surface. I have traced an elephant pattern.

I went looking for my pin cushion, and decided to turn over the buttons tin. As a result did find a missing scissors. So far I have not found the screw driver. I also emptied 2 other containers.

I am ready to trace a bib pattern and then cut out a couple of bibs.

In between working on this I have been knitting a T-Rex. I am almost to the point I hate. The short rows of the neck. This is where I usually mess up.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Very Fall like weather here today...I think I better dig out some long sleeve shirts! I plan on emptying out some flower pots and doing some garden clean up.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Jackie, have a wonderful trip. I’m not sure when you are leaving but I know it is soon.

Janet, I hope that your storms are not as bad as forecast. It is strange that most dogs are so frightened of storms but cats take them with a grain of salt. It could be lightning like crazy and Pippi is still right there at the window.

Creative, I hope that your DH’s appointment with the neurologist is informative but not upsetting.

I plan to stay home today. Laundry is in the dryer and all regular chores are done.

Yesterday at mom’s house the trash people never came while I was there. I left at 1:30. (I did declutter some items and found things in the kitchen to throw away, mainly plastic.) I went back over there at 5:30 and the trash still had not been picked up! It looked like they missed our street but picked up on the other streets. I put the can back in the garage and will put it out again Monday night. Wouldn’t you know this would happen when I have a completely full can.

I have not been into puzzling or reading but may do some of both today. I’m going to look at the book my friend wrote about seashells and see if it is technical or readable. I’ve watched 5 of the 8 episodes on the Season 3 Killing Eve dvd so I’ll finish that today or tomorrow.

Pippi is cuddled up aside of me. She is doing well IMO! I don’t know about the anemia but I’ll worry about that when she has her next bloodwork, probably next month. Until then I’ll enjoy being with my sweet girl.

Even though it is still in the 90s, I may start getting out my fall decor. I know I need a new ribbon for the dried corn I hang on my front door. The ribbon is burgundy and my door is now burgundy. I want a contrast.

Have a good day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:12 am Very Fall like weather here today...I think I better dig out some long sleeve shirts! I plan on emptying out some flower pots and doing some garden clean up.
I envy you! Send some of that cool air my way.