Daily Check-in September 8, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in September 8, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

To start off.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check-in September 8, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

Well, we got the worst news that a parent or grandparent could have right now; our precious little boy (5-1/2) has tested positive for COVID. His fever wasn't too bad yesterday and he was still pretty active, but Kris told her mother that it was 103.9 about 2 hours ago, but his father took it a few minutes ago and it was now 100.9 which doesn't seem possible that it could have dropped so quickly. So at this point we're not sure whether Kris misread it or just isn't telling her mother the truth which could more likely be what is happening here as we learned last night that she didn't even want to tell her mother. It was the father who texted my sister to say Kris didn't want her to know but he said Barbara had a RIGHT to know.

Anyway we'll be saying a lot more prayers throughout the day for this special little boy.

To all of you, have a wonderful day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:31 am Well, we got the worst news that a parent or grandparent could have right now; our precious little boy (5-1/2) has tested positive for COVID. His fever wasn't too bad yesterday and he was still pretty active, but Kris told her mother that it was 103.9 about 2 hours ago, but his father took it a few minutes ago and it was now 100.9 which doesn't seem possible that it could have dropped so quickly. So at this point we're not sure whether Kris misread it or just isn't telling her mother the truth which could more likely be what is happening here as we learned last night that she didn't even want to tell her mother. It was the father who texted my sister to say Kris didn't want her to know but he said Barbara had a RIGHT to know.

Anyway we'll be saying a lot more prayers throughout the day for this special little boy.

To all of you, have a wonderful day.
Logics sorry to hear about the little guy having covid. I have said a prayer for his recovery.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. We had a cold front move through last night and it is a delightful 65 F and going to stay in a cooler 80's F range today.

Yesterday I saw my NP due to having a lot of full body pain due to arthritis and a recent fall. She gave me a systemic cortisone shot as well as a B-12 shot since I am seriously low on B-12. A few weeks back I fell and injured my back and shoulders and have a wound on my right leg. She looked at the wound and decided it has some infection in it. Although I have been cleaning it and putting Neosporin on it she ordered an antibiotic. I am a diabetic and do not want things to get worse that is for sure. By the time I arrived home yesterday CVS had called and stated they had the order but could not fill it. They have a call in to my NP to get it changed. Not sure why they could not fill it. I am going to call them later to see what is going on. Not much else going on here.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Oh Logics - looks like this is targeting the children now.

But they have milder cases, so I'm sure he will be okay.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Well I woke up at 8! I shocked myself. Haven't been up and ready to go like that in days, weeks maybe.

I think maybe it is because the weather might be getting cooler. When it is nice and chilly, I like to get up and get all bundled up in my fuzzy robe and drink coffee - sometimes outside. In the hot weather, I just drag around.

I didn't even sleep well, but I am not sleepy. One senior pup kept making little noises. He has weird eating habits, so after I fed him at 4 or so, he settled down.

Some of the pack has been out - for the rest way too early for the silly little girls. Oh well.

Have a great day.