Daily check-in September 9, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily check-in September 9, 2021

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

Busy day, walked dogs, fed dogs, took DH out for macdonald breakfast. easier on me to go early then later for lunch. easier for DH because it's not as hot.

lots of stuff done around the house.

last night popped some popcorn and watched Amazons Cinderella AMAZING!!! if you have a chance well worth your time.

this afternoon, I'm going to the visatation for my 40 year old neighbor who died 2 weeks ago. His mom said it was his heart. BB and Sophie and I would see him working on his car in the morning, such a nice man. Sophie really misses him

The service is tomorrow.

IC
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Home from the Thai restaurant with my friend. Really good and I decided not to stuff myself and bring half home. My friend did the same. I was proud of Pippi. She was very friendly and let my friend give her some yummies.

It was very dark when I got home so immediately went to mom’s house to put out the trash. Now it looks brighter but I’m home.

Penny, as for your screwdriver I am sorry to say that after mom died almost four years ago I picked up her debit card and a Carabbas/Outback gift card, put them someplace and they have never turned up since then.

Logics, glad to hear that Aiden is better. Others have firsthand experience with Covid but the vet nurse told me her highest temp was just before it broke once and for all. So hopefully he is almost over it.

Clem, I’m not sure what to say about your sister except I hope things get better.

IC, I’ve seen the ads for Cinderella and hearing your positive review I’ll now watch it. Thanks! (It will be a nice break from “The Killing,” which is very good but heavy.)
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

i got almost all of the foundation sprayed and then ran out of spray! I will get some more this weekend. I like to keep it on had because it is great for wasps and I have had plenty of those. I also walked the outside of the house and put pellets in the holes I found in the ground...mice, voles or ground squirrels, makes no difference to me they need to be gone. They are all destructive and ucky to me.
Used the leaf blower to clean the decks and patio.

Today has really "felt" like Fall to me, it is cloudy and cool...

Logics i hope the little one continues to get well.

Dressed up frozen pizza and salad for supper.
I do think DD2 has turned the corner on her break up. She is still angry and feeling used but the self recriminations has stopped it seems. She is channeling her anger into cleaning! This is a good thing!

JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

jckitty wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:04 am Hello all,
I slept pretty good last night!!!
MJ, I love to see films and pictures of wolves but really don't want to get close to one....we have a wolf sanctuary not far from me...family has taken inedible meat to them for feeding. I have heard that they also take road kill deer to the place also.

Creative, I would do everything I could to make sure the bear didn't come around. They scare the puddin out of me, I respect them and know they have their place but respect them from a distance!

Janet, I hope your aid doesn't have the virus and am happy she is not around you...if needed could you get a substitute?

It seems to be a good weather day, I hope to be able to spray the foundation of the house today. I will also put out some mouse "cookies" as it is that time of year.

Grand is back in school....she is happy to be back but grumbling about the masks. At 7 they have to be reminded a lot. But I think having to miss school reinforces the need.

I think I will vacuum and then run the floor cleaner. The fiancé brought in a really nice table lamp yesterday, it needs a deep clean and then I think the DD2 wants it. I will gladly give it to her!

Off to get going on stuff again.
JCKitty
Kitty my aide's company did call today wanting to know if I wanted a sub. Not really it take more time and trouble to tell them what to do and where to find things. Not worth it. I do like my aide a lot but also I enjoy my alone time too so not a problem for a few days. I just hope she will be ok and it is not covid but a really bad cold or an allergy attack. Last week she was exposed to covid from one of her adult granddaughters. We started wearing masks again in my house and she wore gloves. We basically social distanced even before covid.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:30 am Hello friends.

Mackie, I’m glad that things have calmed own at the dorms. Hope that Lily dog and your cat (and your family and other pets, of course) are doing well.

Janet, hope you can nap today. I’m glad that your aide hasn’t been around you since she was exposed to Covid.

Maggie, fingers crossed on the interview.

I slept fairly well. Today I’m going to lunch with my Dutch friend to celebrate my birthday again. We are going to a Thai restaurant and I haven’t had real Thai food since early 2020. (I think I’ve tried every frozen pad Thai on the market and none compare although the brand Saffron Road was the best.)

Later today I’ll go to mom’s house and put out the two bags of yard clippings. I probably won’t work in the yard. I may go to my regular library since I’ll be in the area and I know they have a book I want available (but will doublecheck online before I go there.)

Pippi did not eat well yesterday and did not eat a lot of her breakfast. She is still eating the dry food, however. I need to get a certain amount of wet food into her each day because I’ve been giving her a powder called PhosBind (to lower phosphorus) each day since her last bloodwork in July. So far I’ve even able to get it into her most days.

Have a good day.
Florida cat she was around me after she was exposed to covid but we immediately started wearing masks inside my house. The good thing is she had been exposed prior to coming to my house and was aware of it by a few days so we took immediate precautions. She also wore gloves and of course we social distanced all of the time even before covid.

Yum on Thai food. I make mine at home but it is never as good as when in a restaurant. It is too long of a drive from where I live to go to a Thai restaurant.

I know you worry about Pippi but you are doing a good job taking care of her.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:36 pm Our Aiden seems to be feeling a little better today after being about 6-7 days in. His temperature had stayed low for a while today but it's jumped back up to 101. We all just wish this was over. Just want to thank you all again for your love and support.
Hope the little guy starts to have more good days than bad. Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama