Daily Check in Sept 11, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check in Sept 11, 2021

Post by gaylejackson2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:16 am Good morning

Yes also reading about the events of 20 years ago. I was active duty, so the base was locked down and we all were on alert. Doors of all buildings locked with only one entrance that was guarded.

Every vehicle searched as they drove in

Things were never the same.
Agreed.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

A very somber day. I can't watch any of the coverage...I remember it all so clearly.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by ChristmasTrees » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:02 am

A very somber day. I can't watch any of the coverage...I remember it all so clearly.
I can't either.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I can't watch the coverage, having not forgotten a moment of what I saw on television that day.

I also learned today that the adult daughter of one of my former co-workers has died of Covid, leaving behind two teen-age daughters. Another awful tragedy on such a somber day.
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Yes I can remember this day well. I was teaching a particularly challenging grade 3/4 split class. Those kids were really rough around the edges and many had learning challenges coming from disadvantaged families, but even they understood the severity of this event.

I have had an extremely busy day and think I will sleep well tonight. I ran 4.5 km this morning, have almost finished my laundry, put fresh sheets on the beds and towels/facecloths and bath mats in the bathrooms. That’s actually my usual Saturday routine. Did my apples and watering. I have some blue iris perennials I got free from a neighbour so I planted them in the ground as well. And then went for a 6 km walk in the afternoon because the weather was so nice- shorts weather!!

Dh and I did go to run a few errands in the afternoon. Got gas for my car, (1.49/ litre - ouch!), and some top soil as we had the roots removed from our crabapple trees, so now there’s a large area of our front yard that needs filling up.

Dh is roasting a chicken which will have a soy sauce honey glaze. I have made brown rice and have sautéed green beans with garlic and sun dried tomatoes. I will have more of my vegan Thai pasta, along with the beans. Also carrot and celery sticks with tzaki dip. So the makings of a very good meal IMHO. And lots of dessert options too! I think I will stick to my healthy strawberry “ice cream”.

Have a peaceful evening.
Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I did some minor cleaning around the house - fronts of cabinets. Wiped them down.

This nicer weather is giving me more energy. Went outside and it really is not that bad. Only 90 degrees. That is nice for us - :mrgreen:

I mostly ate leftovers. Need to not waste. The COD wanted to go buy me something, but told him to save his money.

I've been researching on Ancestry. We took a trip out to the place where my mom was born and at one cemetery found lots of people with her family name. Thought it was interesting, so today decided to check that out. See if we are related.

The pack has been behaving today.