Daily Check-In, September 13, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Daily Check-In, September 13, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Starting us off.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-In, September 13, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I slept pretty well. Soon I’ll be headed to mom’s house to do something in the yard. I hope that the grass does not need cutting. Last night just before bed there was a heavy rain warning for my area but I’m pretty sure I didn't get it here or hopefully at mom’s house.

Not much else on today’s agenda. I finished my puzzle yesterday. Instead of going grocery shopping today, I’ll go tomorrow morning and may go to the Publix that has a pharmacy so I can get a flu shot. I’ve come to the conclusion that the combo Moderna booster/flu shot won’t be available for awhile.

I need to get back to decluttering and I still have a bit of shredding. Maybe today.

Have a good day.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I went to have my blood drawn. It was nice and quick. Then swung by Kroger for some groceries. I need to run out to Sam's club later and to JoAnn's for some fabric. The local hospice center is looking for handmade throws, about 40x40.

So trying to enjoy my day off.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

It definitely feels like fall here. Light jacket weather in the mornings now but still lovely in the afternoons. It’s currently 45 degrees F or 10 C. It will warm up to about 70 F. in the afternoon.

I have done my apple picking and now the large garbage bin is almost full. This will continue for at least three weeks. I also cleaned up the raccoon excrement. That gets really annoying!

I am looking forward to my morning as a teacher friend and I are going for a walk and my “ Get Organized “ Masterclass is on all this week. We have lived in our house now for 30 years, I am a sentimental person and you wouldn’t believe the amount of stuff and the memories we’ve made here. Downsizing is going to be very difficult! Dd1 still intends to drive up at some point with her boyfriend, go through her bedroom and take her piano and other belongings to Denver now that she has a permanent house. I plan to give her the meticulously kept albums I have kept of her baby cards, birthday cards, school photos, framed baby photos, achievement certificates, trophies, etc. Now is the time!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I, once again slept in a bit which was not what I wanted, however not in the least unexpected as I had a very restless night. I even went and slept in the bed youngest DS uses when he is home thinking a bit more reading just might help me nod off and I did not want to disturb Hubby. It did, so I think I finally fell asleep around 3. I can function on 3 1/2 hours sleep...

Long to do list today, and I have already started laundry. It was supposed to be clear and sunny today and I had great intentions of using the outside lines. However, the skies are cloudy and looking at the radar it seems some rain showers are headed our way. I do hope to be able to hang things out when it clears though. Just might have to throw one load in the dryer and keep my fingers crossed that the rest can go out.

Hubby needs to phone the bank and set up an appointment with our financial advisor. I will phone the appliance repair guy later this morning. Hopefully the oven will be fixed early this week.

Why is it that when you go on holiday there is always so much work to catch up on when you get home? My list is very long and will probably get longer yet. It is a good thing that some items only take 10 or 15 minutes to complete.

Tomorrow I plan on going shopping as I need to pick up Hubby his meds (and I may as well get one of mine as well). So I will be looking through the fliers, both online and inserted in the paper. This will be my first attempt at trying to go two full weeks without entering a store. I hope to make this the only trip until the 30th of the month. Wish me luck. This was something I used to do with ease back when we lived 30 miles from shopping, and before the children were born. I really should be able to do the same thing now that we are down to two for the most part. Also it is getting a bit scary out there considering all the new cases of Covid-19 accumulating in the province and our small section there of. We need more people to get off their anti-vax butts and get her done.

I finished off the prayer shawl (need to work in the yarn ends) as well as one scarf. I did start another scarf last night and am moving right along with it. I hope to finish that one by the end of the week and perhaps start on a third.

My project for today is to begin cutting the clothing up for my friend's remembrance of her Dad quilt. Once all is cut I will be working on planning it out. There is a special piece that she wants included and I am thinking of making that one piece central to the whole design. It will be a lap quilt type thing and so there should be enough fabric squares to make a small pillow as well.

I am going to search through the fridge freezer to see what leftovers are available for use. Stretching out what I can, so I am not sure what I will be making. However I do have lots of cukes (picked yesterday) so some kind of salad to use some up is in order.

Today I am grateful that the garden is giving us enough fresh produce to keep me from having to go shopping today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I FaceTimed with my sister last night. It was wonderful to see her.

I mailed her a tiny Tote with a Gnome and Mushroom house. She loved it. When I showed it to her. I also mailed my last scrap of the fabric. The pattern is Gnome Home.

She loved it but wondered what to do with it. I told her I used it for a tote bag, I also made masks.

I am still sleepy this morning. But I did walk down to the mail box and mail the package to my sister.

I woke up what used to be late for me, but seems to be my new normal after 7 am.

Penny