Daily Check in Sept 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 15, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

I was dressed and out the door to go to the Y when I decided that my foot hurt enough that I wanted to give it a break today. I need to wear shoes more often. Hard to do inside.

I made some pesto last night and will marinate some chicken in it for my dinner.

My work partner is going on vacation and so I will have to do his reports, I guess he pitched a fit Monday when I was off about how monitoring and reports was too much for one person. It is. So my boss is finally going to spread out the creation of the three reports across the three shifts since it is taking so long to hire someone to do the reports. I think I might have been doing too good of a job of juggling everything by myself that more help is not a priority.

In other news, I have been nominated to be president of the investment club I joined at the first of the year. I supposed my business experience makes me as qualified and anyone else. It is mostly corralling everyone on the monthly zoom meeting.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Sept 15, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

We had another torrential rain last evening. When will it end? I haven’t looked at the new mulch in my entryway yet but I’m sure it’s a mess.

I’m going to go to mom’s house this morning. I don’t really feel like it but I’ll feel good about getting something done. I’ll probably do trimming in the front yard. I had already decided earlier this week that the grass won’t need cutting until next week. I won’t be able to work in the yard tomorrow or Friday so today’s the day.

I was able to get my flu shot yesterday. I had to wait about 20 minutes. The pharmacist said that fewer people have been getting flu shots and she thinks it’s because Publix isn’t offering the $10 gift card this year.

Last night I watched episode 10 of The Killing. There are 20 episodes and when the series originally was shown in Denmark the plan was to wait a year to show the second ten episodes. But there was an outcry and I can see why. The episode ended with a startling development. It’s really good and I don’t mind the subtitles.

Pippi is sitting on the coffee table waiting for her yummies. It gets earlier and earlier. No Pippi, it’s not time yet.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:16 am Hello friends.

We had another torrential rain last evening. When will it end? I haven’t looked at the new mulch in my entryway yet but I’m sure it’s a mess.

I’m going to go to mom’s house this morning. I don’t really feel like it but I’ll feel good about getting something done. I’ll probably do trimming in the front yard. I had already decided earlier this week that the grass won’t need cutting until next week. I won’t be able to work in the yard tomorrow or Friday so today’s the day.

I was able to get my flu shot yesterday. I had to wait about 20 minutes. The pharmacist said that fewer people have been getting flu shots and she thinks it’s because Publix isn’t offering the $10 gift card this year.

Last night I watched episode 10 of The Killing. There are 20 episodes and when the series originally was shown in Denmark the plan was to wait a year to show the second ten episodes. But there was an outcry and I can see why. The episode ended with a startling development. It’s really good and I don’t mind the subtitles.

Pippi is sitting on the coffee table waiting for her yummies. It gets earlier and earlier. No Pippi, it’s not time yet.

Have a good day.
Isn't the Killing good.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept in this morning by a long shot. Now I will be playing go quickly to get everything done. I should have known this was going to happen as I caught myself falling asleep in my chair while watching the new season of Vera yesterday afternoon while knitting.

Today is a bit less in the way of my to do list, but I do have a couple of items unfinished from the previous days which I plan on completing today. I made Hubby plug in the stove and move it back as the repair person still has not called to let me know he is arriving. So my floor will be mopped today, and I need to do some more harvesting outside. The nights are really cooling off and I am afraid we could end up with frost one of these nights. So herbs and the remaining cukes will be picked today. I may even do the jalapeno peppers. I will leave the green bell peppers for a bit longer in the hopes that the small fruits get a bit larger.

I cut apart my friend's Dad's clothing last night and today will hopefully make a start in cutting the fabric into useable squares. I might cut a few of the more colourful t-shirts at some point today as well, first I need to back them though after dismantling. Her Dad did not wear a great deal of colour, his most colourful items of cotton clothing seem to have been boxers....

Other than that there really will not be much happening on the old homestead. I will get my regular Wednesday tasks completed, go for my walk (probably a shortened one due to time constraints). I will have to go back to Walmart today (forgot to put two items on my list and I need them desperately), so much for patting myself on the back re shopping for two weeks.... I could however look for something that could be used as planters for my succulents here at home, but the shelf stable milk for baking and pantry build up is a toss up on whether I should buy it or wait two weeks. I do have some powdered milk that I could make up and use instead...

Supper tonight is going to be Chicken a la King on toast (reminds me to check bread and see if I need to bake another loaf).

Today I am grateful that all of you read my rather lopsided ramblings each day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Nothing much happening here today.

It's going to be a bit more quiet as my sister had a disagreement with her daughter yesterday and told her not to call today. It's driving ME crazy.

Hope all are well and keeping as busy or not as they so choose.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had to force myself to change the bed. The bottom sheet is on the bed, I have washed my hair. The white wash is in the dryer and the sheets are in the washer.

I have a flying something. it looked sort of like a wasp, but was smaller. I tried to get it. But I think I missed. I can’t find it now. They are coming to measure for my shower conversion this Friday. I don’t know yet when they will do it yet. The assistant manager said usually the week after.

Time will tell.

Penny