Daily Check In September 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check In September 18, 2021

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

Dogs walked, dogs feed.

tomatoes watered, but I'm thinking that they are at the end.

We are planning to see MIL today, so I will bring tomatoes to SIL, maybe the last of them.

Got a couple of boxes of stuff out today, feels good. very little by little.

IC
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

I was afraid my post had gotten eaten up in spite of my precautions but I posted on yesterday's thread instead of today's. Typing is so difficult and time consuming for me I try to post in short spurts so if something gets gobbled up all is not lost.

Bev
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:16 pm OOOOOO, you have a Goldie also :D , mine is 80#'s 3 years old and 1/3 (?) or so lab, what is yours???

IC
She is half Eskimo spitz and half dachshund. She has a long silky golden-cream coat, plumed tail, upright ears and a foxy face like a spitz, but her back is long and she has somewhat short legs. She does not act like a dachshund at all: not stubborn, obedient and easy to train, but she's about 10 pounds smaller than a spitz. She would make an excellent service dog because she is so watchful and attached to the other members of the household.

Edited to add: She weighs 22 pounds.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:55 pm She is half Eskimo spitz and half dachshund. She has a long silky golden-cream coat, plumed tail, upright ears and a foxy face like a spitz, but her back is long and she has somewhat short legs. She does not act like a dachshund at all: not stubborn, obedient and easy to train, but she's about 10 pounds smaller than a spitz. She would make an excellent service dog because she is so watchful and attached to the other members of the household.

Edited to add: She weighs 22 pounds.
Thank you :D , she sounds more than wonderful.

I know that you know it, be careful with her back, that is what did my Dog in 5 years ago, this was before dog DNA, but we think that he was part dashshund, because of his long back, his back gave out when he was about 9-10, he was operated on, but caught an UTI.

IC
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:23 am Hello friends.

MJ, your decluttering friend sounds awesome!

Mackie, I’m glad you were able to get your flu shot and have the info to get reimbursed. I remember back when I was working I ran into a problem with a flu shot and it was something about whether the pharmacy was considered “medical” (clinic) or “pharmacy.”

[snip]
Have a good day.
I ran into that a few years ago. I went to CVS and the pharmacist said my insurance would not go through but sent me to a different location that had a "Minute clinic" with a nurse practioner and my insurance went through.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,
I just have nothing new to report. Same old whine. I did go meet a group of friends for dinner. I ran into a detour and was about 10 minute late and the wait staff had already removed the placemat, cutlery and menu from the empty place.

Today has been quiet at work, but I was able to do some required training and some cleanup work.
I am off tomorrow and will go up and take DS2 out for dinner as his birthday is Monday. I work Monday and am off Tuesday. I am working for my co-worker Monday and then Tuesday I see My family doc and then have a Mammogram scheduled. I did put in a lot of PTO days. They are mostly Tuesday from now until the first week in December. I have a could of Wed nd Thursdays also. Working every Fri & Sat since those are the days I cover by myself.

There are a couple of events I could go to tonight, but may stay home. Tomorrow night will be a late one. and Monday I can go out with the support/social group.

Have a great day,
Maggie