Daily Check-in September 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in September 19, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Started the quilt...left that, started knitting....left that, wound some skeins of yarn did finish that at least.

Did not get out to pick the green tomatoes as of yet as it has been dripping off and on. Just rain and get it over with please.

Really having trouble concentrating on anything today.

Tomorrow we go and vote, scary as the Cons are pulling slightly ahead and they are for big business not for the regular citizen. This is going to be another nail biter election.

Got to start the potatoes shortly.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:41 am (((Maggie))) I don’t have any answers for you but I understand. The thing that helps me the most is to be active or around other people.I’m sorry that you work from home and even post-Covid I think home based work will be the norm in your field. I’m glad that you are active with your grandsons, sons, parents and support group. The only thing I can think of - for you and me both - is a hobby or class where you meet outside the home. Problem is those options are limited right now. (((Hugs))

P.S. I “always” have to give advice even when it’s not asked for so ignore this if I’m out of line. I’m my mother’s daughter!
I appreciate the advice. I too give it out freely.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Jackie,

I'm going out to vote tomorrow too. Manitoba has been a disaster under the Conservative government. They closed all the disability offices and now everything is out of Winnipeg. It's a real gripe of mine. They constantly say they are "saving us all money." But they then give it out in funding for projects for their corporate buddies and in huge tax breaks to them. It's frustrating.

I'm with you on them not caring about the people. I remember how they closed all those Veteran's offices and Coast Guard Station that people really needed and wanted. That was one of Trudeau's campaign promises to open them should he get elected and he did. I just don't want to go back to those days when the government closed science libraries and burned the books and research papers, closed down research stations and also denied science pretty much completely, even removing it from government websites for crying out loud!! We certainly do not need them back and I like my Government of Canada Webpages back to red instead of the Conservatives who changed them all to blue. UGH!

Fingers and toes crossed for tomorrow!

MJ
Last edited by Prairie Waif2 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut toute le monde!!

I was busy yesterday!

In the morning I got a loaf of bread in the machine. I decided I'd let the machine bake it since I had all afternoon planned for making muffins and I knew the mess that would create. It turned out really nice. I did get my muffins done. I made 1 dozen Poppy Seed Maraschino Cherry Muffins and 2 dozen Saskatoon and Oatmeal Muffins. The first time I made the Saskatoon Muffins, I wished they'd have more fruit so I added an extra half cup for the double recipe. I should have gone ahead and used a full cup. I let them cool down overnight and will package them up for the freezer.

I finally got my Wiener Doggo Shelf of Fame set-up. It looks really nice. I got some kitchen homework done so when Angela comes tomorrow she can see I did make some progress. Next? Like Jackie, right now I have appliances loading up my counter tops. I have a place I store them in the storage room but with my bicycle parked in the front hall it makes getting into the storage room difficult. One Ange and I get the two huge boxes of China and whatever unloaded and sorted, there will be more space for me to move the bike out of the way of the closet door.

It was hot here yesterday. I had the weather do-hickey blip my computer that we'd have rain within the next 24 hours. So far? Nothing. It was rather warm again today. I had the A/C on for a bit each day as I have two very big south windows.

I watched my usual Sunday morning political shows and then read some news on Twitter. Some guy in Texas kicked a couple out of his restaurant because they were wearing masks. How weird can it get?! Boy oh boy!

I still haven't had supper yet but I had a late lunch. I had a lovely tuna sandwich with just the right amount of red onion and miracle whip in the tuna salad. For supper I am planning on making a quickie Corn Chowder using Canned corn, a few potatoes that Zoe gave me and some of the Cream of Mushroom Soup I got this summer on sale in a flat (it worked out to 50 cents a can). I went to use one of the onions on the counter and found it was dead. So, no onions for my chowder but I do have some onion powder and will add a little garlic. The only time it will really take is opening the cans of soup and corn! Oh, and chopping the potatoes.

I'm just goofing around tonight. I have the dishwasher loaded and will run it after supper. Hopefully there is still enough space to fit my supper dishes.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

chocolite wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:17 pm If anyone is interested in seeing them, I posted some pics from vacation on my blog.
You had a beautiful setting for your vacation. The double rainbow was amazing! I have never been to Destin but I know it is very, very popular. We have had SO much rain throughout Florida the past month but it looks like you had some lovely days, too. (If I ever go to Destin, I’ll know to go to the restaurant with cats!)
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:12 pm Jackie,

I'm going out to vote tomorrow too. Manitoba has been a disaster under the Conservative government. They closed all the disability offices and now everything is out of Winnipeg. It's a real gripe of mine. They constantly say they are "saving us all money." But they then give it out in funding for projects for their corporate buddies and in huge tax breaks to them. It's frustrating.

I'm with you on them not caring about the people. I remember how they closed all those Veteran's offices and Coast Guard Station that people really needed and wanted. That was one of Trudeau's campaign promises to open them should he get elected and he did. I just don't want to go back to those days when the government closed science libraries and burned the books and research papers, closed down research stations and also denied science pretty much completely, even removing it from government websites for crying out loud!! We certainly do not need them back and I like my Government of Canada Webpages back to red instead of the Conservatives who changed them all to blue. UGH!

Fingers and toes crossed for tomorrow!

MJ
I live in a very Conservative province. It has been years since we have been anything else provincially and federally. The only person this vote makes a difference for is me, and I know my Hubby isn't voting for the Conservatives either. Actually I have voted Liberal the last 3 elections (this would be the 4th) I moved from the NDP after Layton died.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/