Daily Check in Sept 20, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Sept 20, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all!

I must have slept well since I got up so early - 7:30.

It is going to be a very warm day - maybe even record setting. And then we get a cool front. Hope so.

And maybe it won't get so warm today. We can only hope.

Have a few things I have to do today besides the usual.

Part of the pack has been out - the rest are still sleeping. Sheesh.

I'm off to shower and get dressed. Have a great day!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mackie great save on the chili.. It sounds yummy as do the corn muffins.

Nothing new going on here except not sure about Teddi. He will sit and stare for long periods of time at nothing. When I call his name he will look at me but he does not run over to me. He sleeps more than usual. I looked into possible problems online. He might be depressed. I am thinking we have been house bound for so long he might perk up if we go somewhere for a walk. However the vet is not recommending him going to a park due to covid. So Thursday I am going to take him up the the river road. There is a nice bicycle path all along the river road and some people do use it for walking but during the week hardly anyone goes there due to the distance. I am hoping getting outside in cooler weather and going for a walk might perk him up. I too could use some perking up too. I am so tired of being home 24/7. My only physical contact is my aide and the last day she was here was August 3rd. She went on vacation but then developed covid and has been off ever since then. She is scheduled to come back to work tomorrow. Except for the 7th when I went to my NP due to my fall and needing a B-12 shot and the 16th for Teddi to get an allergy shot I have not had contact with anyone.. It is good that I am the type of person that can get along without a lot of interaction from others. However I think Teddi needs to have some stimulation other than me.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:10 am Mackie great save on the chili.. It sounds yummy as do the corn muffins.

Nothing new going on here except not sure about Teddi. He will sit and stare for long periods of time at nothing. When I call his name he will look at me but he does not run over to me. He sleeps more than usual. I looked into possible problems online. He might be depressed. I am thinking we have been house bound for so long he might perk up if we go somewhere for a walk. However the vet is not recommending him going to a park due to covid. So Thursday I am going to take him up the the river road. There is a nice bicycle path all along the river road and some people do use it for walking but during the week hardly anyone goes there due to the distance. I am hoping getting outside in cooler weather and going for a walk might perk him up. I too could use some perking up too. I am so tired of being home 24/7. My only physical contact is my aide and the last day she was here was August 3rd. She went on vacation but then developed covid and has been off ever since then. She is scheduled to come back to work tomorrow. Except for the 7th when I went to my NP due to my fall and needing a B-12 shot and the 16th for Teddi to get an allergy shot I have not had contact with anyone.. It is good that I am the type of person that can get along without a lot of interaction from others. However I think Teddi needs to have some stimulation other than me.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
We worry about the pets as much as the kids. Wish they could tell us how they feel. In June when I had blood work on my 8 yr old Pom to have teeth work done, the values for liver and pancreas was sky high. Vet suspects pancreatic cancer. Last test came down some, but I am afraid his time is about up. Sleeps more, and didn’t eat all his food yesterday. Goes in circles at times and very restless. Doesn’t seem to be in pain, but has lost weight. He is my alarm at 4 am, but is quiet now. I actually miss it!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I slept pretty well, add me to the list with "pet concerns" my old dog is slowing down so much....I think his age is really showing.
Laundry done, but it is rainy so had to use the dryer and hang dog rugs inside. Kitty litter box cleaned and next up is run the robo-vac.
I hope to go to DD's and pack up some pretties but moving slow. I have the house plants watered except for the ones in the bedrooms....will get them next.

Not much on the schedule today, but I am sure I can find stuff to do. There is always dusting :roll:

JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:43 am We worry about the pets as much as the kids. Wish they could tell us how they feel. In June when I had blood work on my 8 yr old Pom to have teeth work done, the values for liver and pancreas was sky high. Vet suspects pancreatic cancer. Last test came down some, but I am afraid his time is about up. Sleeps more, and didn’t eat all his food yesterday. Goes in circles at times and very restless. Doesn’t seem to be in pain, but has lost weight. He is my alarm at 4 am, but is quiet now. I actually miss it!
Owned sorry to hear about your fur baby. Yes they are our kids and we do worry about them. Last year I had a full panel of blood work done on Teddi as well as a special one for his pancreas everything came back normal which was a relief. However when you see them not being themselves you do worry about them. I hope your fur baby is going to be ok. At least he does not seem to be in pain although they do tend to hide that. My little Allie had a brain tumor. They gave her a year to a year and a half to live. She was put on human chemo and lived to the ripe old age of 15. Almost 7.5 years after her diagnosis. Over that time she had a minor stroke and eventually went in to heart failure. The Vet told me she was a very sick little dog but she did not show it. She did not appear to be that sick until about 3 to 4 weeks before I had to send her over the rainbow bridge. So watch your fur baby closely and give him a lot of love. Good luck.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Owned and Janet, I am sorry your fur babies are feeling poorly. So very often I wish they could talk, or at least point, to tell us what's wrong.

It's ragweed season here and I had to give Lily Dog a prednisone tablet last night because she was scratching. She's doing miles better than last year with her allergy shots this year, but her ragweed allergy is extreme. It got things settled down so she could sleep well.
Mackie