Daily Check In September 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 23, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Getting coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 23, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I did not sleep well at all, just aches and pains pretty much all night. I think it was probably all the standing I did yesterday. Taking a day off of garden produce processing and seeing if that helps at all. Anyway I used up all the ripe tomatoes yesterday and now need to wait on those :lol:

Short to do list today so I may do a bit of baking later on. Plan on pulling out some butternut squash and making some muffins or a loaf. I could use something different for breakfasts so muffins will probably be made. I will just have to sweep the floors, pull a couple of small plants (think one flower box), and do some sewing. I may also give the living room a good dusting. I did get five quilt blocks fashioned and sewn yesterday just need to get the border on each and then sew them onto what I have of the quilt. I will then decide if it needs another row or not (probably does) and get that fashioned as much as possible before my back starts hurting.

Frugally I have figured out how much milk to buy to last the two weeks between shopping trips. I also checked out the shelves whilst on my quick shop (stuck to the list as well) and while there are no empty shelves as of yet, there does not seem to be as many choices as usual. Could this be a precurser to people madly buying toilet paper and such again this winter? Or is it a sign that the lack of water during growing season is causing a big problem?

The Potato Leek soup was wonderful last night. I think I finally may have hit on the recipe closest to what we had in the UK. Still it could use a bit more leek flavouring so when I make it again I just might use an extra leek over what the recipe calls for.

Tonight we will finish off the chicken casserole. Slicing up some veggies to go along with it or I can make a cuke salad to use up even more cukes...

I am grateful for quiet days in the midst of fall harvesting.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I’m going to go to mom’s house and do something. I may get out the Japanese saw and cut some limbs off the ligustrum in the back yard. Plus I have a big limb I never cut up. It is harder without having someone to hold it.

Pippi does not seem to be herself. I don’t think she’s in pain and she ate a good breakfast but she is very quiet. It may be almost time for her to cross the rainbow bridge but I’ve thought that before and she rebounded.

Like Clem I’ve been having weird dreams and had one last night. That’s what woke me up this morning. It involved one of my favorite former cars, 1976 Ford Mustang, which I sold to a co-worker back in the 1980s.

Have a good day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Jackie and everyone. It's a bit chilly. I pulled out an acrylic/cotton blend cardigan to wear this morning and it feels good.

Yesterday I received my "school colors" blouses from Swap.com and laundered them. They are really nice. The one I was least certain about due to the color is actually the prettiest but a tiny bit tight at the hip line, which can be fixed with a slight alteration. The most formal one is a bit too big and will benefit from being taken in down the sides, which is super easy to do.

More coffee is needed this morning. I thought it would take dynamite to get me out of bed, but having the dogs start a growling match with each other next to the nightstand did the trick instead! I think they were upset that the cat jumped on the bed and they weren't up there too. Silly girls!

Hope you all have a peaceful day.

Edited to add: FloridaCat, Pippi has had such a long, wonderful life. It does sound like she might be gently winding down, but that she is still eating is a good sign. (((HUGS)))
Mackie
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Kitty, I just prayed for your girl. Hopefully it's just allergies. Is there a minor med she can go to instead of the ER? I know that is a very scary thought. Of course, they may not want suspected Covid cases at the minor meds there...not sure.

FloridaCat, I also just prayed for Pippi. I hope she was just having an off day or two and that she's able to stick around a good while longer.

Good morning, frugal friends. It's a beautiful cool morning here. I poked my nose out the front door and could not be happier with the temperature. It's perfect. I decided on hot coffee today instead of iced, and it's tasting pretty good.

Y'all, Audrey is doing the funniest thing lately. She'll put her tiny little snout up into the air and go "Whooo-oooooo" like a wanna-be hound dog. Except it sounds like a kid doing the fakest eeriest ghost sound you ever heard. Cracks me up. She does it when she's excited or if she thinks we're not paying her sufficient attention. I swear, we need a doggie psychiatrist.

Well, I made my roast yesterday and it turned out so good. I used to do them exclusively in the crock pot. Of course, that was because I was working all day. But to me they just taste so much better in the oven. I know it uses more energy (gas), but to me it's well worth it. We'll just have leftovers tonight. I think I'll take my ham bone down from the freezer and make bean soup with it tomorrow. LOL, let the weather break in the slightest and I'm over here making soups and stews.

Have a good day, all.
Patty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Kitty, I had missed your post about your DD until I read Patty’s post. Prayers right now for her. I hope she is better this morning and hope it isn’t Covid. (((Hugs)))