Daily Check In September 24, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 24, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Hey, off to get coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 24, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I got up a bit later this morning, and have found myself to have a slight headache, and stuffed up nose. Allergies and sinus problems I hope. I will be taking some Tylenol later.

I did sleep much better last night so that is a plus.

I made the butternut squash muffins and they looked beautiful. I tested them and they seemed done (no crumbs on the toothpick) so I put them to cool before wrapping. Well the darn things fell, and got gummy/raw inside so they must not have been done, or I did something wrong. What a waste of time and ingredients. Still I will add this to my Not to Make Again File and see if I can find another.

It is really cool this morning, just a couple of degrees above freezing. Sure hope we had no frost last night or it would finish up what eggplant and green peppers we are nursing along in the garden. I might toss a few more flowers today, but probably tomorrow for sure.

After my walk and getting a few things accomplished around the house, I plan on working on the quilt (almost done, 2 side borders and then I can perhaps sandwich it after ironing. I would love to get this project completed for my friend by the end of the week. And if I am sandwiching one quilt I may as well sandwich a second one (crawling around on the floor placing pins anyway). I also have enough bits of squares to perhaps make a small pillow to go along with the quilt of Dad's clothing. Something to think about, and a way to use up more items in the sewing/craft room.

Other frugal happenings will be using up leftovers in the fridge for lunches, and finding a coupon for a take home/delivery of pizza tonight. Hubby says no cooking for me tonight (think he feels sorry for the day long cooking and canning expedition I was on a few days ago) and as I am not one to turn down a meal I do not have to cook, especially when I feel yucky, I will try and find the least expensive way to get one.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine, and hot coffee.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Jackie and everyone.

It's chilly again this morning, definitely cardigan weather.

This morning I took all the baby spider plants my husband potted off our big plant and have been giving them away at work. I'm down to trying to find homes for the two "runts," which aren't big enough yet to have foliage sticking over the edges of the pots.

Yesterday evening I went around with clippers and loppers and cleaned up a few shaggy spots in the yard. Elm seedlings try to grow along the fence any time I look away long enough, and they get big enough to cause a nuisance before they succumb to elm disease and fall over, so I keep chopping them off level with the ground. It can be rather cathartic.

This weekend I need to do some more in-depth housecleaning. Been putting some things off too long. Also, that danged Indian tile our kitchen floor is made of has had another spot flake off, so I have to repair that. Two strong men with sledge hammers is starting to look like an excellent cure for that stupid floor, if I could afford them for the afternoon. :-D

Kitty, I hope your daughter gets better fast. (((HUGS)))
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Another beautiful fall day and I plan to leave for my walk shortly. Dh has gone golfing with his packed lunch in tow and Dd2 is off to work. So I have some time to enjoy the quietness in the house and ground myself for the day.

I do have some tasks I would like to accomplish. I need to contact the support line for the CIBC Run for the Cure App as it was loaded onto my new phone but I can’t sign in to access it. Perhaps I need to delete the old App and reinstall it. I do really like my iPhone 12 mini so far and spent the early hours reloading my passwords to various Apps. Thank goodness I keep a copy of them all as they’re all different for security reasons.

Guess what? Dh has finally decided to get out of the dinosaur age and get a cell phone. He wants me to get the screen fixed on my iPhoneSE and then for an additional $25/month he can receive service from
Virgin under the family and friends program. He will have free long distance calls within Canada, can call anytime so unlimited minutes, free international texting, 4 GB of data. That’s an exceptional deal for Canada and I think he’ll actually invest the time to actually learn to use it since we’re investing $25/month for the service. He has some Apps he can download which will let him know his club speed on the new club he bought, etc. Perhaps that is what is motivating him, but I think it will be incredibly useful if we ever travel. Even without that, I could then easily reach him when he’s out.

So today the three things I want accomplished:
1. Get screen fixed
2. Colour hair
3. Get CIBC App figured out.

Well off for that walk!
Creative
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

DD "thinks" she feels somewhat better, very tired feeling and her face is swollen....she has allergies so maybe they are playing up also. I told them to get Pedialyte and they have been doing that...Thanks Clem!!!
I suggested that they change their furnace filter asap and to get an extra for when everyone tests clear of the virus. She said they had been thinking the same thing.
I have stuffy nose and very slight headache but it is allergies I am sure. Ragweed is my major trigger this time of year. I have taken my allergy med and it will kick in shortly.
It is very cool but the sun is shining so that is good, my neighbor mowed yesterday in the cold spitting rain. :roll:
Today I am going to try to get something done, yesterday was spent texting, praying and thinking how best to help my family. :roll:
Renter/friend is bugging me because she found moisture under sink cabinet....I tried to tell her it is not leaking in from outside it had to be something inside...she is hard-headed and will not listen. She just called to tell me she figured it out...silicone sealant around sink is needing replaced :? She will do it sometime next week. The deal when she moved in was she was to do minor maintenance in exchange for paying minimum rent ( and trust me it is minimum), it's a $4 tube of sealant for crying out loud, she spends more than that on cigs and alcohol. I just listen and tell her to get it done . I know she is unhappy with her "romantic" situation but she has a roof over her head, medical care and plenty to eat. She is just so negative. Rant over LOL

Off to get this day started,
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Slept pretty good. Probably due to the nice cool weather. It is sunny outside.

I've had my coffee. The pack has been out. All water bowls and food bowls are stocked for part of the day. Boy they go through so much water.

I plan to have boxing day - lol. One day a week or so I break down all the boxes that come in the house - cat litter box, cat food boxes - etx. I don't like to just throw them away without flattening them first. The COD will just toss them like that and fill up a trash container so fast.

Now off to shower. Almost feel like I have to turn on the wall heater!!! :mrgreen: