Daily Check In September 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 25, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

I am up really early so will grab a coffee and be right back.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In September 25, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I have 30 minutes until it it time to log into work. Yesterday I had an opportunity to express to my boss how exhausted I am. I feel like she knows, but this is really the first time I have expressed it. She said she has interviews the next 2 weeks for a new hire. Yes, please.

I have my first of three loads of laundry in. I need to plug my Fitbit in to charge and make my coffee.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is still pretty dark out, no tinge of pink on the horizon as of yet, the nights getting longer and the days shorter. Soon enough we in the northern parts of the country will be wearing layers, sipping hot chocolate and watching the snow fall.

Still trying to get the garden to bed. Once the gladiolus bulbs dry I will be bringing a few into the house to see if I can over winter them this year. These though called mixed were all a peachy colour so I will save a few and see if I can get other colours next spring.

I am also hoping that the light frost we had a couple of nights ago did not do too much damage to my eggplant and my bell peppers, the only things left growing in the garden. I really would like to be able to get a few more meals out of the eggplant, and I love bell peppers any old way.

Frugally speaking meals will be made here at home with what is on hand. Pretty sure starving is not on the books. I will take a short walk about this morning and then come home to work on projects, and a couple of extra cleaning tasks. The extra cleaning tasks will be first so I can relax and work on things I enjoy.

My list for shopping next week is getting pretty darn long. What with our Thanksgiving holiday within the two week period that I want to stick with shopping (or at least try to) I need to purchase way more. Both of our DS's will be home and boy can they eat. I do think that bimonthly shopping will plug a few holes in my frugal spending plan. I won't be running for something that I need as I will make do without it or discover a substitute. The other reason is the next paragraph.

The Delta variant is being felt by almost everyone here in my small city. Seems as if now some of the people who said the virus was fake and this was a scamdemic are catching the variant or know someone who has it. Of course there are still those diehard deniers that even if they know something is true will spend the time online looking for "their type of truth" and posting it. I wonder sometimes how long it takes them to find that article or video that matches what they believe so perfectly. While we never have really suffered a lockdown (well some places could not open for a very long time like hair salons, gyms, the library) many places especially eateries found new and exciting ways to serve their customers. Some of these ways are ongoing, some are ready to be pulled out if necessary later on. Even the ladies and men's clothing shops figured out a way to stay open and sell with curbside delivery and online shopping. Both of which they are still doing here in my city. All this to say that those in my family (extended and Hubby's side) that are proclaiming the government will put us in another lock down, don't even know what a lockdown really is. As things gradually get worse here I want to be prepared. Making it so I only have to venture into a store or stores 2X a month instead of 4X is cutting the chances of coming into contact with someone carrying the virus by 1/2. The more I can do that the better I like it.

Supper tonight is going to be a sausage casserole (must pull out the sausages before lunch today).

Today I am grateful for my Hubby who totally agrees with me on the shopping twice a month front. For the first time during all this he is getting a bit frightened.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Woke up at 2am and didn’t get back to sleep until 430. Got up 730 and got all animals fed. Have had a attack of diverticulitis this week. Dr called in a prescription and it has helped. Been busy trying to get house in shape . We are having a simple memorial for my daughter tomorrow here. Just a family meal with all her favorite things to eat. We have made a display of her urn and pictures. I choose her urn in purple, her favorite color, with a humming bird and iris. Found it on Amazon. Everyone enjoy your day .
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:19 am Woke up at 2am and didn’t get back to sleep until 430. Got up 730 and got all animals fed. Have had a attack of diverticulitis this week. Dr called in a prescription and it has helped. Been busy trying to get house in shape . We are having a simple memorial for my daughter tomorrow here. Just a family meal with all her favorite things to eat. We have made a display of her urn and pictures. I choose her urn in purple, her favorite color, with a humming bird and iris. Found it on Amazon. Everyone enjoy your day .
Owned sorry for you loss. I like that you are having a a memorial for your Dear Daughter it sounds very thoughtful. Her urn sounds special. Take care.. ((hug)) your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:33 am Good Morning,
I have 30 minutes until it it time to log into work. Yesterday I had an opportunity to express to my boss how exhausted I am. I feel like she knows, but this is really the first time I have expressed it. She said she has interviews the next 2 weeks for a new hire. Yes, please.

I have my first of three loads of laundry in. I need to plug my Fitbit in to charge and make my coffee.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie hang in there. I know it can be rough.. (( hug)). Your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama