Daily Check In September 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In September 26, 2021

Post by jckitty »

(((Patty))), I wish there were more for me to say to help you.
To all that have lost friends and family lately , I am so sorry. I just don't know what else can be said or done...I am just so sorry.

I am so bored....and that is not like me, I keep waiting, feeling like I should be doing something but just don't know what.

Tomorrow I am determined to get stuff done and get out of this funk I am finding myself in. It may be that I am watching too much news again :roll:
JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people,

Another busy, happy and productive day. I decided to surprise Dh with a hot apple crisp ( or you may call it apple crumble) for a breakfast treat. I know the way to my hubby’s heart as he loves anything apple. A golfing friend of Dh had given us some apples from his tree. His apples were wonderful and worm free. Sure wish our tree was like that!

I baked a loaf of Jackie’s wonderful honey wheat bread for a school colleague I saw at the cancer clinic. She was diagnosed with non Hodgekin’s Lymphoma and it doesn’t like she is doing well. I honestly didn’t recognize her when I saw her there. Her hair grew back white and curly. It was straight before. She had also lost a lot of weight. I know I really appreciated all the meals and baking delivered by friends so wanted to surprise her. I also gave her some apple crisp, two pumpkin cookies Dd2 had made and I grabbed two chocolate muffins from the freezer. I have known her for a very long time, just after I got married. We had a wonderful patio visit in her beautiful back yard. She has so many beautiful flowers.

Dd2 and I went for a bike ride afterwards. It’s such a lovely fall day here today and it warmed up to about 70 degrees.

In the morning I had also done my run - 6.95 km in 38 min according to my phone App! I have to admit I am very pleased with that. The fundraising run is October 3rd so I still have a little time to keep preparing. I made a goal of running 200 km and will easily meet that target as I am already at 160.17 km . The App records both my runs and my walks.

Tomorrow will be another fun day. A walk with my friend in the morning and outdoor photography club through our 55 Plus Centre in the afternoon. This week we’re going to a Tree farm. I love taking photos anywhere!

Creative
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

chocolite wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:48 pm It's been a quiet day around here. I haven't done much of anything except worry about everything. Sometimes I just get into this cycle of worry. Truth is, my balance and walking is not good at all. I am always on the verge of falling. I asked DH to get my walker out of the attic. God knows I don't want to use it, but I'm kind of scared not to. I haven't needed to use it since just after my last spinal fusion and had hoped I'd never need it again.

It just feel like I'm never going to get better.
Oh Patty I am so sorry you are discouraged. That is not a fun place to be. Hang in there.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Patty I use a rollator when I am out of my apartment. But inside when I need it have a folding aluminum one.

I would rather use the walker than fall.

Penny
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Penny, I may look into getting a rollator. I have a folding aluminum one, but DH kindly affixed a basket to the front of it and it doesn't fold flat anymore, so I think it would be a pain to fit it behind my car seat.
Patty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

chocolite wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:48 pm It's been a quiet day around here. I haven't done much of anything except worry about everything. Sometimes I just get into this cycle of worry. Truth is, my balance and walking is not good at all. I am always on the verge of falling. I asked DH to get my walker out of the attic. God knows I don't want to use it, but I'm kind of scared not to. I haven't needed to use it since just after my last spinal fusion and had hoped I'd never need it again.

It just feel like I'm never going to get better.
Dear, dear Patty,

It has to be very difficult on you to have your balance problems still. When I had my numbness from the waist down and paralyzed right leg, the surgery fixed most of things but my right leg never came back 100% after even months of PT. I was SO WEIRDED OUT by how much all those spinal issues can mook up your balance! I used a walker through most of my PT and while in the apartment and out and shopping. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Have you asked your PT for help on getting better balance? They had some exercises that seemed weird but my balance pretty much improved. I don't know that I could ever pass a "Walk on the straight line" test for a cop but then again, I'm not drinking and driving either! It might be worth a shot to ask them if they could help you with your balance? I do realize you have numbness in your feet and your one leg. Just thought a few balance exercises might help you out because I would have never thought balance would goof up with spinal issues.

If you need a walker to feel safe and get around the house, go for it girl!! Everyone needs something! For me? I need the handrails going up steps because of my right leg ans sometimes balance problems going up stairs carrying like groceries and and garbage out. Hubby will help you out but most of all, STAY SAFE!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.