Daily Check In September 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In September 26, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

chocolite wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:48 pm It's been a quiet day around here. I haven't done much of anything except worry about everything. Sometimes I just get into this cycle of worry. Truth is, my balance and walking is not good at all. I am always on the verge of falling. I asked DH to get my walker out of the attic. God knows I don't want to use it, but I'm kind of scared not to. I haven't needed to use it since just after my last spinal fusion and had hoped I'd never need it again.

It just feel like I'm never going to get better.
Patty..sorry you are having such a tough time. I pray things improve for you soon...it has been such a long haul.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

chocolite wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:48 pm It's been a quiet day around here. I haven't done much of anything except worry about everything. Sometimes I just get into this cycle of worry. Truth is, my balance and walking is not good at all. I am always on the verge of falling. I asked DH to get my walker out of the attic. God knows I don't want to use it, but I'm kind of scared not to. I haven't needed to use it since just after my last spinal fusion and had hoped I'd never need it again.

yes - use the walker. Better safe than sorry! I get mad at my sister because she won't use hers

Are you doing physical therapy?
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, you have had such a hard road, hon. But if the walker helps keep you from falling, then it's a helper. A bad fall would be a catastrophe for you. (((Hugs)))
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Sending you a gentle hug.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Patty I am so sorry about all the pain and stress you are going through. You’re an amazing story teller and I love your stories so much. Hugs and prayers for you, my friend!

Creative
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Thanks so much for the kind words and support, friends. And yes, Clem, I'm still doing PT but thinking about stopping it soon. I don't know that I'm getting much benefit from it. I would like to, once I discontinue PT, begin going to the Y for water exercises. I just don't know if I can manage getting dressed, getting to the pool, doing the exercises, and getting home. It's a huge undertaking. I'm just so uncertain what to do.
Patty