Daily Check In September 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In September 28, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

jckitty wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:18 pm Maggie,
I only have 1 surviving brother... and he has always been a handful.
He has terrorized the family for years, my brother that died in 2016 was so scared of him that he wanted a hand gun. True story

I have learned my lesson, I will not call him about anything again. I had hoped he was getting a little calmer but was wrong about that.

JCKitty
You've told stories that show him to be a bit Jeckel and Hyde. I am so sorry.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi,
I got a good start on my to-do list. Little nagging cores that I have been unable to get motivated to do. I was going to make a few masks but decided I needed to wash some material. So that is in the wash.

I packaged up some smoked Turkey DB and DSisIL sent home, but my FoodSaver vacuum sealer was not working right. I looked at some YouTube videos. They said to replace some seals. Mine are not replaceable, but a good cleaning and a break and it started to suck the air. So not bad for my day off. I even feel like I was able to relax a bit.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:09 pm Hello all,

Put in another instacart order for the covids last night trying to get gatorade and of course when it was delivered this AM...NO Gatorade in town.

Have had nothing but issues with "the brother" all morning. A tree that I told him about 2 years ago that had fallen into one of my trees and got stuck fell last night and wiped out a corner of my chicken pen.
I called and told him and his response was "act of God" not my problem, it's on your insurance . So I called my agent, my deductible is too high to cover it but they did give me some great info. The fiance came and cut it off the fence and will come back later this evening to try to repair the fence.
Then the brother shows up and was throwing a fit about the leaves blown onto his property and saying Just going to get it surveyed and just being a complete butt about everything .
I let him upset me but I did hold my tongue. I take care of a lot of his property, mowing and killing poison ivy because it just looks better and keeps the poison ivy from coming unto my yard.
I wish I hadn't even called him about the fallen tree.

So today I will be doing a lot of praying and meditating....he has never been easy to get along with but so much worse since my parents died...they kept him from being so nasty to others.

Off to get myself calmed down and concentrate on what i CAN do...not what is out of my control.
JCKitty
Sorry about your "brother stress"..I can relate.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:10 pm Darn - just found out another cousin is in the hospital with the covid.

Another cousin informed me and she was saying she was leery of attending the funeral of the one that just passed. She said none of them are vaccinated.

I was planning on only attending the graveside service.
Sorry Clem..your family has really taken a hit. Stay safe.
Is this the COD's birthday?
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, your father was such a sweet man and you are such a good person, but your brother sounds like a sociopath. You deserve all the hugs, dearie. (((HUGS)))

If I were you, I'd kill the poison ivy that crosses the property line and let the rest of it go hang. Just do not engage with him any more. It's not worth the sweat off your brow.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by chocolite » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:14 pm

itspennyc wrote: ↑Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:00 pm
I have been busy this morning I have repaired 3 masks that were too tight.
Penny
Penny, how did you fix the too-tight masks? I have some that are the same. Did you just lengthen the elastic?
I simply replaced the ear loop with a longer piece if T-shirt fabric yarn.

Penny