Daily Check In October 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 12, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

So I am trying this on Google Chrome on my TV computer. Lets see if this works.

Worked.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good afternoon, all. Add me to the list of those just not feeling it today. Bleahhhhh. :D

I got my hair cut yesterday afternoon and I'm pretty pleased with it overall. She didn't get it quite as short as I wanted and it's not quite as "stacked" in the back as I wanted, but it's a good cut and I feel a lot better with it. Curly hair is tricky.

I've been trying to figure out something easy for dinner tonight and I think I've got it. We have leftover green beans. I think I'll fix a pack of beef tips and pop a couple of potatoes in the microwave to bake. Quick and easy......definitely my MO these days.

I ordered DH a shirt for Christmas. I'm going to try to do my shopping very early this year, especially with all the shipping/distribution problems, so I won't be scrambling at the last minute. Hopefully that plan will work. The unknown is if we will get together with DH's family at Christmas. If we do, we'll probably draw names (at least I hope that's what we'll do) - so I'll have another gift to buy. That probably won't happen until Thanksgiving or after, so I may be scrambling for that one, after all. It sure would be nice to be able to truly go shopping/browsing in a store.

I did use my rollator at Walgreens yesterday. It worked beautifully and I was able to get it in/out of my car with no trouble. I needed to stop a couple times and sit, and it was perfect. I'm so thankful to have it.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:07 pm So I am trying this on Google Chrome on my TV computer. Lets see if this works.

Worked.
Isn't that weird.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Well it is dark and looks like rain is on the way

Heard some thunder and big dog Cody scrambled to get under the bed. She hates it.

So this gives me the perfect excuse to not do anything today!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

It is definitely autumnal here in Tennessee today. Overcast, cool, and spitting rain.

I drove DH there and back to the eye surgeon to be assessed for cataract surgery. He'll be getting it in late November and early December, which gives us time to put together the deductible, co-pay and facility fees. DH was rather cranky about the testing as the techs got hung up on his rare visual oddity: he does not have binocular vision and can switch from one eye to the other. He dislikes being talked about instead of to, so I could see why he was getting peeved.

I took him home and then I picked up a few things at Family Dollar for Homeless Buddy, who is in the hospital, and then stopped to see HB before going to work.

HB has been in the hospital twice in a week, with an overnight stay the first time, and turning around and going right back a few days later due to having a heart attack in the interim. He may be facing a triple bypass. We'll know more tomorrow afternoon when they do an investigative procedure on his heart. He's so frail that they decided to start letting him rest and eat for a day between tests, as he can't tolerate day after day of fasting for tests. Today was a rest and eat day, which he was very glad of.

Right now I am taking a little break, although there's mail piled up on my desk. An upgrade over the weekend broke everyone's email, and then food services forgot to make lunches for the Covid kids, and there have been several other minor disasters to deal with. My lovely boss is on a much deserved vacation, so I'm just dealing with it all as best I can.

Hope you all have a peaceful afternoon.
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Finally the sun has broken through after several days of cloud and rain. It’s so nice to see. Still unseasonably warm weather!

This morning I did cleaned the oven burners and stove knobs and replaced with new foil burner liners. I also cleaned the cupboard under the kitchen sink and the garbage bin. It was time for a deep clean of the kitchen. Then I headed outside and spent about an hour deheading the flowers and pulling weeds. Also collecting a few of the remaining useless apples that had dropped. All this debris will go out in tomorrow’s garbage.

I then decided to use the provincial park pass that’s due back today to use once again. I drove to a park with a large waterfall about 25 miles from my house and hiked around some trails and finally found the area and parking lot for cross country skiing. Just preparing well in advance as it’s about 60 degrees F. As I mentioned before really, really warm. I then took a look around a cute gift shop, bought a mug and souvenir spoon and home I went for lunch.

After lunch, started preparing the veggies for some turkey soup, made from the carcass from Canadian Thanksgiving. Just having a chance to sit down now. I had also turned on the dishwasher and washed the pots and cutting boards.

Kitty I am sorry about your loss. So many of you have had recent losses.

I hope Floridacatlover returns soon and I miss her posts.

Creative