Daily Check In October 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Daily Check In October 15, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning, Friends. It is a beautiful, sunny fall day. I did not sleep long enough or well enough last night but at least I don't have to go to work today.

I'm going to have a slow morning then get to work on some household projects, both inside and out. Cooking, yard work, gutter cleaning (still), etc. have to be done - I'll do what I can today. I should clean out my car too, and give it a wash. The chores never end!

Off to forage for breakfast. Happy Friday, everyone.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In October 15, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

The inspection went well, I knew it would. I was mainly concerned with not knowing when they would actually come.

I have stripped and put the bottom sheet on my bed, I will wash the sheets later.

Well Corky and Vasthi are both gone, the dog and cat I had outside my apartment. I put them both into my trash bag. I can’t have anything on the floor in front of my apartment except a floor mat. So I put both of them in the trash. I rescued them several years ago when someone else got rid of them.

I can continue to hang things on the door so long as I don’t cover the apartment number. I never cover the apartment number.

I feel more rested today. Though still tired.

All I have planned today is getting my hair cut.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Slept in this morning, but at I stayed up late to finish a book, I must have needed the extra sleep.

My arm is still a bit stiff from the flu shot, but nothing at all like the covid shots. Here is hoping that it does not get worse.

I need one more cup of coffee (it is at least a 2 cup day) and then I will brave the stores here in town. They usually are not to bad in the mornings most days. I will be going to 2 and the bank. First checking the bank to see if they corrected their error, and doing some bill paying online (moving cash from savings to chequing to do so if the error has not been corrected yet). In all the years we have banked there never have they made an error of this magnitude. I really hope it is corrected very soon, of course in these days so digital banking all errors are now corrected at head office and not branch offices....Grrrr.

I hope to do some more work on DS's quilt as well as make some more eggplant parma for the freezer (though having one for supper sounds awesome right now).

Temperature wise we are just at freezing, but the ground is still fairly warm so there is no ice build up from our rain. After today the temperature is supposed to rise once again for a bit. We should be able to get the remaining work accomplished outside.

Supper tonight is going to be Pancakes. I have grown to love having this once every month and a half or so. After the way we chowed down last week a bit of lighter eating (relatively) is probably good for us. I will be back to making meals out of leftovers again tomorrow, as well as cooking more food that makes leftovers.

Today I am grateful the sun is out. It makes my outlook so much brighter.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Sheila, that was how I spent my last vacation: doing big chores around the house, although I did get to World Market for some international foods and to the fabric store for some thread and a few other things.

Just got off the phone with Homeless Buddy. He is staying in the hospital. His doctors decided against him leaving because he is in danger of immediate death. The surgery is Monday: we don't know a time yet. I told him y'all are praying for him and he said thank you so much.

I feel like I'm gushing money this week: just paid my parking ticket ($36) and oh, that stung. Had a lot of pet expenses and I'm helping DS buy clothes. His health insurance is so expensive that once he pays that, he barely has enough to live on, so his dad and I help him out with clothes and buying the special food for his cat.

Last night I was in bed at 8:30 and asleep by 9. I was just exhausted and slept like the dead. Would probably still be in bed if not for that pesky need to get paid. :-D

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Mackie, I have to say I was wondering why the hospital was going to send HB home in that condition. I am so glad they are keeping him until surgery.

Have been to town and completed errands, OMG have gas prices gone up! I will most definitely be staying out of the vehicles for awhile.
If I do another insta cart order I will be upping my tip also.
It is drippy and gloomy outside, I have the robo-vac going and have watered and groomed plants. If I am going to try overwintering the angel wing begonias I need to deal with them soon. They still look so good outside I hate to bring them in.

I will do floors this early afternoon and I think I will throw together some soup. Make some egg salad instead of deviled eggs to go with the soup.
I think I will do some dusting also, it is a never ending job for me, or at least it seems like it.

Off to get something done.

JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:41 am Sheila, that was how I spent my last vacation: doing big chores around the house, although I did get to World Market for some international foods and to the fabric store for some thread and a few other things.

Just got off the phone with Homeless Buddy. He is staying in the hospital. His doctors decided against him leaving because he is in danger of immediate death. The surgery is Monday: we don't know a time yet. I told him y'all are praying for him and he said thank you so much.

I feel like I'm gushing money this week: just paid my parking ticket ($36) and oh, that stung. Had a lot of pet expenses and I'm helping DS buy clothes. His health insurance is so expensive that once he pays that, he barely has enough to live on, so his dad and I help him out with clothes and buying the special food for his cat.

Last night I was in bed at 8:30 and asleep by 9. I was just exhausted and slept like the dead. Would probably still be in bed if not for that pesky need to get paid. :-D

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie, I confess to also making a trek to some stores I can't get to often because they aren't in my town - Walmart and Aldi. I hit them up on Tuesday when I went to see my lawyer to update my will - they are in the same town where my lawyer is.

I bought a winter sweater for work at Walmart and 2 candles at Aldi - I've been treating myself a bit lately - I need to reel that in, but it has been nice to have some new things.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz