Daily Check In October 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In October 19, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

Good evening all,

My first day back to work wasn't half bad - much better than I expected - whew!

It was COLD this morning but the day warmed up nicely. I didn't sleep well at all last night - nervous about the hot disaster I thought I would find at the office today, I think. I'm hoping for better sleep tonight but I have a pot of lentils cooking so have to wait for those to get done and then rinse them to speed up the cooling process so I can put them away - UGH.

I walked the dogs tonight - first one, then the other. My daughter and her boyfriend have been handling that for me for a while now - but they had someplace to be so I did it and it was nice. Speaking of the dogs, I bought them each a nice, new dog bed (quite an investment!) in an attempt to get them OUT of my bed - it's not working. DD says they nap on them during the day - but when it's my bedtime, they jump right in with me - does not do much for my quality of sleep but they keep me warm in the winter!

I left my cell phone at work and it's weird knowing it isn't here. I would have gone back for it (into the old, spooky, dark building) if not for DD and her SO being here - and they both have phones

Well, I am off to put up the lentils and get some shuteye. Hope you are all doing well.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I feel like I didn't do anything either.

I am already sleepy, so guess that is good. But for some reason the day kind of just dragged along

Did make dinner. The COD has been outside doing cutting grass and weed eating.

I've just been piddling around. I will wait until ten to get in bed. Good night all.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Could not fall asleep, so back to reading.

Will be another late night.