Daily Check In October 20, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In October 20, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off. Getting coffee, back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 20, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I fell asleep fast and hard last night after only 50 minutes of reading. Probably why I got up so early this morning. I have been up for awhile now, but more or less just sitting and planning my day.

Today the chairs get moved off the front deck and into the side yard and the day lilies are going to be cut back. I do think that the lights should be brought in as well. I believe Hubby is going to work up the garden one more time and then put the rototiller to bed for the winter.

I did not get to work on the quilt yesterday. It seemed to take a great deal of time to get the hemming and mending done. So I worked on the scarf and finished that off allowing me to cast on for the next project. This one is going to take awhile..... Bit more of a complicated lace pattern that will take be a little while to perfect so I am going very slowly. Though I did manage two rows last evening.

Frugal happenings here will be using up leftovers in the fridge, and freezer. I have no plans to drive anywhere so there will be no spending either. Work will continue on my various projects and today I do hope to finish the quilt top, tomorrow morning I hope to have it sandwiched (must wash backing fabric today and perhaps get it ironed tonight).

I need to use up a few baked items in the big freezer as well so I will be bringing up one of the tea loaves from its depths. My sweet tooth is calling and having perhaps a cup of tea and slice of buttered Zucchini or Banana loaf should keep me happy.

Of course I will go for my walk this morning. Right now it is -5* C according to the temperature out at the airport, but my yard thermometer reads 0. I do know that as the sun begins its ascent it will get colder out so I will wait for a bit.

Before I get to do any fun stuff, and probably before I head out for my walk I will do some of my to do list, like dusting, and extra cleaning (perhaps stove and oven today along with one smaller task).

Supper today will be the leftover rice and stir fry that I have in the fridge freezer. Lots of veggies in that.

Today I am grateful for family that checks up on us.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I slept pretty good. trying to go to bed earlier.
It is sunny but cool, we might get rain later...I hope it holds off long enough to mow this evening.

I have the broccoli stems thawing and a quart of chicken broth...making broccoli soup at some point.
Not too much on the schedule for today.

JCKitty
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Got up early and went for appointment for mammogram at 745 this morning. Stopped at Cracker barrell which is by the hospital. First time I had been since COVID started. Never eat breakfast that early, but treated son in law to breakfast since he didn’t have time to eat before he picked me up. Found they had fried fish on the menu for breakfast! My favorite of their meals. Came with scrambled eggs and hash browns with grits. Got coffee. Have enough left over for dinner. Still got home before 9 15. We like early appointments.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Owned, I have had fried fish with eggs and biscuits at Cracker Barrel, and it's one of my favorites as well. We haven't had Cracker Barrel in so long.....maybe we can get there sometime soon. We love their food and the value can't be beat. Only trouble is - although there are several in the Memphis area, none are very close to us, so it's a drive to get to any of them. But a drive worth taking IMHO.

I slept here in the den last night. I fell asleep in the recliner, woke up around 3, then moved to the couch. Didn't get up until after 9:30! I hate this weird sleeping pattern I'm in. Tonight I'm going to at least try sleeping in bed.

What an expensive week it's been. First the guy came to install the handrail for our garage steps, then we had a plumber out yesterday to fix two of our toilets. DH had tried to fix them both on separate occasions and they both weren't right. UGH. I'm glad we have it, but it sure is painful to let it go.

I have PT this afternoon, and before that I'm picking up a few groceries at Walmart. I kept it below $70 this week - mostly produce and meat. I replenished my ground beef supply and ordered a whole fryer. I've had a taste for roasted chicken with veggies.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Didn't go to sleep as early as I wanted. I stayed up until 2am. And then woke up several times after that.

Finally got up at 9. I feel okay, but I guess this is my schedule now?

Also had weird dreams too.

The pets have been out a couple of times already. I've had my coffee. The COD took off to run his "errands".

Not sure what I will do today. Feel like doing nothing! :mrgreen:

What else is new?

Have a great day all!!!!