Daily Check In - October 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Daily Check In - October 23, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people!

Just to get us going. I will be back real soon.

Creative
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In - October 23, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning again,

I was up bright and early - I awoke around 4:30 am, but forced myself to remain in bed until 5:00. I tried really hard to fall back asleep but my mind was so active, perhaps because of our long conversation with Dh’s sister overseas. I am also debating about whether to visit Dd1 in Denver. At least their cases are on the decline. Today I plan on checking out the rates with Air Canada. No doubt they will increase their fares like other airlines around American Thanksgiving. I plan to visit her a few days after. Dh is still hedging over whether he feels comfortable enough or not. Unfortunately I think this blasted virus is going to be around for a very long time, and this might be the best it gets for some time. Of course I will take every safeguard possible. Covid swab is required before I can board the plane along with proof of vaccination. These safety measures actually give me reassurance so I don’t mind at all.

This morning I will be going for a walk with a neighbour friend. It’s been quite a while as her Dh is recovering from prostate cancer surgery and they both became grandparents for the first time a couple of weeks ago. So I waited until she approached me. It’s chilly now and will be around freezing point so I will be wearing a hat and gloves. Sadly our summer is over and we have been slowly winterizing the garde. The fairly heavy frost a couple of nights ago killed the impatient plants. But still harvesting radicchio and parsley from the garden. I picked a huge amount yesterday and washed it all up, dried thoroughly. Sure cuts down on my organic mixed greens cost. It was this neighbour who gave us all the radicchio plants in the first place. They have been a gift that keeps on giving!

I have started my laundry and washed all the kitchen tea towels. Haven’t started on the rest of the laundry as I change bed sheets on Saturday and Dh is still asleep. Today is a pretty relaxed day and I just have laundry on my agenda as a must do. I hope to putter around in the garden again today, raking leaves and perhaps emptying out more flower pots. The frost got the best of my petunias as well. Environmental waste collection is next Wednesday. We only have that twice a year- in the spring and fall. So best to get as much done as I can.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am still getting that error message, but have figured out a way to get into the forum using the laptop at least. So glad that Aaron is working on the problem. I am sure he will find the answer.

Like Creative, today is a bit more relaxed than other days (Sunday probably the most). I plan on getting some Bible study homework for the next lesson completed, doing the binding on the quilt, phoning my brother, sending in the scan (only should have the prescriptions on it) and doing one small extra cleaning job which will be washing the spare bedroom walls. Easy peasy day. I may start my list for shopping today as well by going through the cupboards to see what is missing and then when the fliers come out check to see if they are on sale.

The knitted blanket is coming along nicely now that I am using a lace pattern I am extremely used to. I think I may have a problem though, not enough yarn so I will probably buy a couple more balls when I hit Walmart next week. I will probably pick up some more black and white yarn as well.

My iron handle has been patched for the final time. I will need to purchase a new one of those as well. The plastic handle is hollow and over the past few months has just been disintegrating in my hand every time I use it. I looked online for a replacement handle (I do love this iron) and no go. I guess it could be time to say adios to it.

I have two fairly small pieces of steak in the freezer and have been thinking of ways to stretch the meat. I might try a recipe I found in one of the books I brought home from oldest DS's. I will let you know if it turns out.

Today I am grateful that it isn't quite as cold as yesterday or the day before. My morning walkabout should be slightly more enjoyable.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Wow just opened the drapes hoping to see a lovely sunrise. Not today I guess. There are dark clouds rolling across the sky from the east, and it is very windy. I think we could be in for a storm or two today, just depends on the temperature what we will get for moisture....Snow or rain.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept pretty well until about 4 am, then I kept waking up. I did get up at 6;30.

I have the bottom sheet on my bed, the sheets are in the washer, I have a clean bottom sheet on my bed. I have washed my hair.

I realized that my new bunny may need surgery as I put one of her legs on wrong. she tends to just flop over.I have named her Josie.

Not much else is new here.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, everyone. It's just turned 11 a.m. here in my corner of Tennessee and I am still in my fuzzy robe. The dogs are in the kitchen conning a treat out of DH. When he comes home, they act like they haven't been fed in a hundred years and he gives in every time. :-D

My sweet DH did so much housework yesterday while working from home, and then got called into an online meeting at 8 p.m. that lasted several hours. I went to bed during it. There are some days we barely get a chance to talk to each other. We are hoping things improve when this project is over.

This may be the weekend I pull the long-sleeved tops out of the tub I store my winter clothes in. The lows this week will justify that.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie