Daily Check In - October 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In - October 23, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
I slept in and it was great!
Have laundry done and on the line...one of my lines broke while I was trying to hang rugs :( so I now have only one line. I will replace it asap. But that makes a trip to town at some point a reality.

I have the robo-vac ran and next up is cleaning the kitchen....again.
It is cold but sun is shining so some chance of getting outside.

JCKitty
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Got up at 5 this morning after not sleeping until after midnight. Drunk a different kind of coffee drink yesterday that had more coffee than I am used too and it kept me awake. Daughter and daughter in law came at 9 am and stayed til 11:00. They come every Saturday and Sunday. Brought me French toast sticks from Sonic. Think I will fix chicken soup for dinner. Be happy and safe everyone!
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good morning, all. Mackie, here in my corner of Tennessee we're an hour behind you, so it's just after 10:30. I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt and long "britches" as my mama used to call them. There's a definite, delicious chill in the air. DH was up and out early to get a haircut, so I was up a bit earlier than usual. I've been sleeping better and am so happy about that.

Creative, I think you should go see your DD. Things seem to have leveled out and the numbers are on a downward trend as far as new cases, and you're right -- I think we're going to be dealing with Covid for a long time to come. As safely as possible, we should just live our lives. Anyway, that's my $.02.

We have enough taco meat and fixings to do one more meal, so supper tonight is all taken care of. We both love tacos but I rarely make them. I'm not sure why. I made no bake cookies yesterday and I'm hoping they will last us several days. If I let him, DH would have them all devoured in two days by himself. I asked him last night to save me some, and that slowed him down, lol. I've got a chicken in the fridge and that's going to be cooked tomorrow.

Nothing else going on around here. Hope you all have a nice weekend.
Last edited by chocolite on Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Walk done, walls in one bedroom washed, and items out of the freezer to thaw. I decided to use up the last loaf of bread I bought when the boys were home instead of baking a loaf.

I have even finished my homework for the day. Just one question left that I am saving for tomorrow.

Now on to getting the binding made for the quilt and then attaching it.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Slept okay but woke up not feeling 100%. So will take it easy today

Main thing I have to do is bathe senior dog. Other than that - the usual.

Not sure what I will eat today. They were going to have a church dinner, but that was canceled. Was looking forward to that.

Will see what I can throw together from the fridge. Which is really what I should be doing.

Have a great day all.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Hello all.

Off to a later start this morning as I stayed up a bit later last night. Finished 2/3rds of my exercise time and will let it go at that for today and went to pick up a few things at the grocery store. Checked my financial report and I will come in at the lowest spent on food this month. Knowing I have a few more things to pick up (milk, lettuce, tomato, bananas and maybe one or two other small items, I expect to come in at around $110-$115, significantly below the $160 I've been averaging.

Put in a call to my broker this week as I wanted more information on how my annuities worked so now I have a much better understanding on how to proceed with those when the time comes. The mail service here has been really bad so I'm in the process of changing over to "green" with some of my crucial items such as my bank and investment documents.

Did my Spanish lesson but I've been thinking about quitting as it's getting much more difficult and too time consuming. Will think about it for a while longer before I make my final decision.

Want to put together a list of home improvement things to do when my sister finally does move into her own place. Can't wait to start spending my money on me for a change.

Well, going for now. Have a wonderful day.