Daily Check in Oct 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Oct 25, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Update

It is soup and sandwich weather. Heck now that it is colder lots of nice hearty meals will be made...except for hot dogs on Thursday. Bible study doesn't leave a whole bunch of time to prepare anything.

I decided to leave the mopping and wall washing until tomorrow. I just got plum tired out.

Supper is almost ready so I better go as I have one more post to do.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:16 pm good to see you back, what a wonderful brother you have.

amazing about how much time goes by and " same old"same old" but that hopefully is a good thing

IC
My brother and my DSIL are both really good to me. He even bought me a new car in 2010, Mercury Milan. When I refused his offer as being too much. He told me he wanted my old car for his SIL. I got my SIL to one side and asked her how she felt about giving me such a big gift. She said buying the car for me was her idea! A lot of people have In-laws from hades.. I am fortunate to have such good one.

You are right that boring and nothing going on is a good thing. When it is routine I should be happy about nothing going on.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Baby has a viral respiratory infection...they had to swab and test and gave her some samples of meds to use until tests come back.

FloridaCat, good to see you and hoping Pippi is going to be fine. I spend what seems to be an awful lot of time feeling unsettled and anxious... I try to not watch the news but sometimes that does not work for me.
I do know I have Covid fatigue. I pray all of this goes away soon. DD and SiL had it and I was so anxious. You just do what you can and pray for the best.

The fiance looked at the SUV, it is something to do with the AC unit motor/clutch and fixable. I am thankful it is fixable. Parts are in short supply but he thinks he has what is needed in stock. I sure hope so.

Tomorrow I need to make a trip to town...Ugh..I want to fill the dad mobile with fuel. It is supposed to go up in price even more so will bite the bullet and get it now.

Off to watch TV
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I am still up listening to hallmark christmas movies. Some I have not seen before.

Also just saw a video of the crazy weather on the west coast. From drought to floods! We are expecting a cool front tomorrow night with some rain. Hope it isn't too bad

I finally got to bathe senior pup. Poor thing does not like it, but he needs it.

Sleep well all
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, I hope the baby is going to be okay very soon. That poor family has really been through it. And that you can get your car fixed soon. Thank goodness you have the Dad Mobile as a back-up.

Sending out healing kitty vibes to Little Girl and the amazing Pippi.
Mackie
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:46 pm He needs all the prayers. I visited at lunchtime and he is in dreadful shape. The doctors think he's thrown clots: there is little circulation to his right foot and hand and he is showing signs of a stroke on the right side of his brain. He's on a bi-pap device forcing air into his lungs -- they also think he has pneumonia -- and so he can't talk, but he's trying to communicate by hand gestures.

I prayed with him and we both cried. I asked him if he wanted to keep trying and he nodded "yes." He's going back into ICU and the vascular surgeon said he may have to have more surgery. This has just been a disaster.
Prayers for HB