Daily Check-In - November 20, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-In - November 20, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:28 am Good morning, frugal friends. My fun-filled Friday evening consisted of falling asleep on the sofa until it was time to go to bed.

On the frugal front, DH is the star: He called American Standard to inquire about buying a replacement tank for our toilet, and they are shipping us a whole new toilet free because it is unusual for one to crack like that one did.

I, however, am not the star because a replacement mirror module for my car is going to cost more than than the toilet would have. Genuine Honda parts are not inexpensive these days.

The robovac is doing his work this morning and I am ahead of the game as far as laundry goes, having done that Wednesday evening. Today I have the usual Saturday chores and must wipe down the inside of the fridge and make a grocery list.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
I think that is why youngest son drove around with a duct taped passenger mirror for almost two years. He said the part was darned expensive.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:05 pm Bonne soiree toute le monde,

Just a quick note. My computer is dying. I have had issues with it not wanting to charge as the cord doesn't want to stay in the port for charging. I checked the cord and it is the port in the computer that is loose and not allowing the charging cord to stay stable and charge.

I called the ACER Computer Technical Helpline and they believe that their is something broken on the Motherboard that connects to that port. They estimate a repair of $199.99 (or higher) plus taxes. I can charge this one IF I wiggle the cord and find it connect, get it to stay connected for more than a few seconds. I spent an hour holding it while I got it charged enough to "play" for a little bit and message all of you. As you know, I don't HAVE any money to repair it. I posted on my Facebook page about wanting to borrow a computer from anyone who had one they could loan out and left my phone number. Well! I just started bawling my face off! My first response was from my favorite Geography prof and friend and his wife, John and Elaine in England. John and Elaine told me to pick one off of Amazon and send them the information. They will call tomorrow morning. I am starting to cry again. I didn't even say anything about getting a new one. I have made some good friends through the years and they know I try my best to get along and be responsible, not drinker, smoker or any of the other things "welfare rats" get blamed on for not having any money for stuff. I pay my bills and buy food. :-)

Well, time to get my hand all cramped up again trying to wiggle this cord to get it charged up some more. If you don't see me for awhile it is because my computer has died and I couldn't wiggle my way back into more charging (I checked out the cord and it is fine, just the port to plug it in is loose).

I'll be back!!

MJ
Oh MJ, I have lost 2 or 3 computers to that problem. One time I even tried to re-solder it and it did not hold long. I have another one that I can use while plugged in but it will no longer charge the battery. How lovely to have such friends willing to buy you a new computer.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Just a quick note. My computer is dying. I have had issues with it not wanting to charge as the cord doesn't want to stay in the port for charging. I checked the cord and it is the port in the computer that is loose and not allowing the charging cord to stay stable and charge.

I called the ACER Computer Technical Helpline and they believe that their is something broken on the Motherboard that connects to that port. They estimate a repair of $199.99 (or higher) plus taxes. I can charge this one IF I wiggle the cord and find it connect, get it to stay connected for more than a few seconds. I spent an hour holding it while I got it charged enough to "play" for a little bit and message all of you. As you know, I don't HAVE any money to repair it. I posted on my Facebook page about wanting to borrow a computer from anyone who had one they could loan out and left my phone number. Well! I just started bawling my face off! My first response was from my favorite Geography prof and friend and his wife, John and Elaine in England. John and Elaine told me to pick one off of Amazon and send them the information. They will call tomorrow morning. I am starting to cry again. I didn't even say anything about getting a new one. I have made some good friends through the years and they know I try my best to get along and be responsible, not drinker, smoker or any of the other things "welfare rats" get blamed on for not having any money for stuff. I pay my bills and buy food. :-)

Well, time to get my hand all cramped up again trying to wiggle this cord to get it charged up some more. If you don't see me for awhile it is because my computer has died and I couldn't wiggle my way back into more charging (I checked out the cord and it is fine, just the port to plug it in is loose).

I'll be back!!

MJ
MJ sorry you are having so many problems right now due to lack of funds. However so happy to hear someone is willing to buy you a new computer. You really have great friends.
Janet Alliesmama
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

I'll be back!!

MJ
MJ I am so happy for you. How wonderful you have such great friends!

Creative