Daily Check In November22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November22, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

I am getting us started as I need coffee. Back in a moment or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November22, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Another chilly morning here. It is the start of the winter season and those temperatures are to be expected to be headed our way. Best thing to do is stay indoors and get ready to do much of your exercise indoors, and when the nice days happen, hit the outdoors and enjoy.

I have the usual Monday household task list, which means lots of up and down the steps happening. There are times when I wish that the laundry room was on the main floor, then I think of all the exercise I am getting from going up and down. Floors need to be mopped, sinks and counters deep cleaned, bedrooms dusted, bathroom deep cleaned, vacuuming accomplished, and a myriad of other smaller tasks as well. I hope to get most if not all done early this morning.

I should be able to sew and finish the second pair of oven mitts and perhaps even cut out the work apron and get it mostly pinned together. I can't make Hubby oven mitts for the BBQ until I can pick up more thermal padding, though I do have an idea on that and I can do some cutting out of pieces.

I finished watching Holby Blue yesterday and so now I need to find a new series to watch. Might have to check out Disney+ and see what is there this time around.

Frugally the exercise I will be getting today comes free with a walk or climbing stairs, all meals will be prepared here at home using what is on hand, laundry will be washed and rinsed in cold where possible and always rinsed in cold, using the bagless vacuum, and other small frugal past times will take place. Pretty much a regular day here on the old homestead. Using things up, wearing things out and making do if I have forgotten something.

Supper tonight will be stew, hence why we had mixed veggies as one of the sides last night instead of roasted carrots. Only had a few carrots left and stew is just not stew without carrots. Probably served over thick slices of homemade bread.

Today I am grateful for another day that much can be accomplished.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Have read two newspapers, checked my emails and am within 1/2 hour of completing my exercise for today.

I have my 10:30 Chat this morning and my coloring group at 1:00.

Nothing much else going on after that.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, friends. I have this whole week off and am savoring every minute - it will go fast. It will come back to bite me too - but I'm living in the moment, lol.

I have to go out for sweet potatoes too - it's my contribution to Thanksgiving at my parents - they are finally letting others contribute to the effort - which I think is great. DD is making a quinoa salad with walnuts and cranberries and kale - it sounds wonderful.

It is chilly this morning but we have sunshine. The dogs have been out a couple of times and I fed the outdoor cats (I have a deal with DD - she feeds them on days I work - I feed them on days I don't work). I have finished breakfast and need to get ready to go searching for those sweet taters. :-) Have a Marvelous Monday everyone!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I’m meeting my friend for coffee this morning. I postponed my grocery shopping until this afternoon because I don’t need much but want to treat myself to a Publix turkey and cranberry sub, which I’ll eat over two days. They only offer this sub at this time of year.

After meeting my friend, I’ll go to mom’s house and hope the big pickup items are gone. I’ve decided I’m ready to start letting go more donations from mom’s house so I’ll start gathering them. If I have time, I’ll go to the bank. I received the $200 bonus from the new credit card and will use that as spending money as long as it lasts. I’m hoping to not withdraw any more money from savings this year but it will be tight. Both of the electric bills were under budget for my house (a little) and mom’s house (a lot) so that helps. But I’ve decided to give larger gift cards to the three vet nurses who have helped Pippi the most since her diagnosis.

Tomorrow is supposed to be “cold” and it is overcast today but still comfortable.

Have a good day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Happy Birthday Patty!!