Daily Check in November 23

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in November 23

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:59 pm Clem,

Thanks heaps for the recipe. That sounds right up my alley! I don't think they sell salt pork at our grocery stores and I'm not certain of the Knorr rice flavoring but I'll sure look for both. Any substitutes you can think of if I can't find those two items? I go grocery shopping next week and can pick up the beans and other ingredients. I love pinto beans!!

MJ
you can use regular bacon

Try Knorr chicken boullion cube and beef boullian cubes. Weirdly I used use one beef and half a chicken cube.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Oh my,
So I made 1/2 of The Pioneer woman's cinnamon roll recipe. Then I made 2 pumpkin rolls. My kitchen was a disaster, powdered sugar and flour everywhere. But I got it cleaned, one dishwasher load, Hand washed other things and then threw towels, my jeans, t-shirt and my coat into the washing machine. Then i called up Chuy's and ordered Fahitas and a margarita for dinner. I ate half the order of fahitas. the other half I will eat tomorrow.

Have a good evening.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:48 pm Oh my,
So I made 1/2 of The Pioneer woman's cinnamon roll recipe. Then I made 2 pumpkin rolls. My kitchen was a disaster, powdered sugar and flour everywhere. But I got it cleaned, one dishwasher load, Hand washed other things and then threw towels, my jeans, t-shirt and my coat into the washing machine. Then i called up Chuy's and ordered Fahitas and a margarita for dinner. I ate half the order of fahitas. the other half I will eat tomorrow.

Have a good evening.
mmm - home delivered margaritas!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:59 pm Clem,

Thanks heaps for the recipe. That sounds right up my alley! I don't think they sell salt pork at our grocery stores and I'm not certain of the Knorr rice flavoring but I'll sure look for both. Any substitutes you can think of if I can't find those two items? I go grocery shopping next week and can pick up the beans and other ingredients. I love pinto beans!!

MJ
Normally I would not have used these flavorings, until I learned the truth!! LOL

We used to go to this Mexican cafe that was run by a young family friend. One day I told the owner that her rice was so good. Now she was raised across the street from my parental home and she loved my parents, so she gave me her secret

It was just a darn bought off the shelf flavoring! So from then on, I started using these type of things. Before it was buying the garlic, cumin, etc.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/cons-mate-tomato-and-chicken-flavor-concentrate-tablets/595172

this is probably available on Amazon.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:32 pm https://www.heb.com/product-detail/cons-mate-tomato-and-chicken-flavor-concentrate-tablets/595172

this is probably available on Amazon.
Clem,

Thanks for all the tips on the beans. I am so looking forward to that next week!!

I'm going to see if I could get that Knorr flavoring on Amazon and if I can't get it in the store, have a friend order me some off of Amazon. :-)

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.