Daily Check-in November 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in November 25, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

ownedbydogs wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:00 am Was invited to go to Granddaughters for Thanksgiving dinner and was looking forward to going. But got up sick Tuesday morning, and didn’t eat all day and blacked out Wednesday morning going to bathroom. Hit the commode with my left side, only minor bruises to elbow and shoulder, but am still to weak to go anywhere. I do have Jim, my son in law to thank for coming everyday to take care of goats and dogs. And me! Have a wonderful day everyone!
oh no - hope you are doing better. And that they bring you some yummy turkey!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Boy did not get up until almost ten!

Don't know what time I finally went to sleep. Had weird dreams too.

OMG - I got up cuz my phone kept dinging with texts on the family group.

One of my older sisters is not all there at times. Don't know how many times she has asked me what I am doing for Thanksgiving. Over and over again. Dementia does run in the family. What can you do?

Hope all have a nice day
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:00 am Was invited to go to Granddaughters for Thanksgiving dinner and was looking forward to going. But got up sick Tuesday morning, and didn’t eat all day and blacked out Wednesday morning going to bathroom. Hit the commode with my left side, only minor bruises to elbow and shoulder, but am still to weak to go anywhere. I do have Jim, my son in law to thank for coming everyday to take care of goats and dogs. And me! Have a wonderful day everyone!
Owned so sorry to hear about what has happened. I do hope you are feeling better soon. Yes, you are lucky to have a good SIL. Take care. Gentle ((hug)) from your friend Janet. Teddi sends puppy dog kisses to make you feel better.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate.

I could not get to sleep last night for some reason so I was awake until 3:00 AM finally took some Benadryl and fell asleep around 4:00 AM. Woke around 8:00 AM or a bit later. Had a very late brunch.

I sent Facebook messages and emails to various friends and family members. Heard back from my nephews in Tacoma, WA and a niece in Arizona. Also a friend in Maryland. I know as the day goes on I will hear from the others after they have had their meal and the dust has settled...lol. Actually, looking forward to fixing my dinner tonight and then if I have the energy drag my Christmas tree in to the dining area of the Great Room. It has a lovely bay window that faces the front of my house. It is nice to be able to see if from the living room area of the great room. I noticed last night when Teddi and I were outside that some people have already put up some outside lights. I do enjoy this time of year and love decorating even if it is just for myself. Brings back happy memories.

Have a good day.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

My old lady meal was yummy. My SIL is a great cook.

Also sent pecan pie.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, everyone. We are back from the big trip to see what's left of our family in Atlanta. We had a great time and a delicious meal: beef tenderloin cooked on the grill, lots of vegetable side dishes and our nephew made a delicious loaf of whole wheat bread.

I made gluten-free banana pudding, which tasted just like the real thing, fudgy brownies and apple crisp. Very yummy.

It is raining here and all the dogs acted like we had been gone for weeks. Silly girls!
Mackie