Daily Check In November 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In November 26, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:52 pm We were down at the coast this last Friday and Saturday. Attending a playoff football game there for our local town

The teams in the playoffs meet in neutral locations - sort of in the middle.

Anyway - we lost, but we had a nice little visit

My sister took us to the condos they had rented a few months ago. Huge building. We went inside and looked around and thought about renting for a week getaway

I was amazed at the people driving up and unloading - lots of families. They were not going to be stuck at home cooking. They were going to spend their Thanksgiving week at the beach - sounded so nice.

My sibling is in Florida and my older sister asked - are they going to cook there? I said - when you are on vacation - you do not cook! :mrgreen:

Hey even sibling that lives by the beach didn't cook. They went out to eat for Thanksgiving and made sure to tip the servers well for being there!

Any day can be Thanksgiving!!!
One year long ago when mom’s brother and his family were living in Florida for a few years, we had Thanksgiving at a beach/park and I hated it. Just didn’t feel like Thanksgiving.

This year I considered buying a plate (ordered ahead) from Cracker Barrel but decided it didn’t seem like anything special for $14.95 - plus tip. Last year during strict Covid, friend and her DH ordered the whole Cracker Barrel dinner (serves 4 I think) just for the two of them and they liked it but we’re eating it for days.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:23 pm Can you share that recipe. I don't really like sweet potatoes, but this sounds like something I really would like.
Sure thing, it's in the recipes folder. I promise they don't taste like sweet potatoes. -)
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

We had such a nice Thanksgiving. Now it is very windy and snowing a bit.
Jackie...hope your DS gets the house! So exciting.
Hugs Patty. Big..huge hugs.
Sheila....staying home for Christmas sounds like the best plan. You just don't need the aggravation.
Going to bed early tonight....I am just plain tired!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Where is Kitty????
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Just a quick note to let you know I have to be away from the forum for a bit.
Too much going on that is not good for my family and i am trying to help as best I can.
I really cannot go into any explanation.
Prayers please.
JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

So glad you checked in. SO sorry things are not good for you. Of course prayers will be said. Please take care of yourself and I pray everything improves quickly.