Daily Check-in November 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check-in November 27, 2021

Post by Quilter51 »

I have yet to hit Florida. It's a goal. But Savannah is ine of my favorite cities and live the area of Beaufort SC which is north of it. My road trip dream next spring or summer is to drive the complete gulf coast from south Texas to Florida.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:16 pm Read up on St. Augustine. Lots of history there and right on the coast.
So as a kid, our vacations were close by. My parents did own a boat. I remember going camping at Cumberland lake and my parents took a few houseboat trips to Cumberland. I then a few trips to the beach in N. Carolina. But I was 17 when Mom and Dad took us to Florida Dad had a convention the week after Thanksgiving and that year they took us and pulled us out of school for several days. So 1983 or 4. We left Friday after Thanksgiving and drove straight through because we had 4 drivers. Dad and I paired up and Mom and DB1. Well, first stop was St. Augustine, on the way to Daytona. We arrived in St. Augustine at 2:00 AM. We visited a Donut store and then attempted to rest/sleep in the conversion van we had. Then at a reasonable hour, we brushed teeth in a public restroom, visited the Fort and the Fountain. Then finished the trek to Daytona. I don't remember a while bunch but how we arrived at 2:00 AM. But that is a good suggestion. I could spend a few days there and then meet up with Mom and Dad in Cocoa Beach. Great suggestions.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:03 am So as a kid, our vacations were close by. My parents did own a boat. I remember going camping at Cumberland lake and my parents took a few houseboat trips to Cumberland. I then a few trips to the beach in N. Carolina. But I was 17 when Mom and Dad took us to Florida Dad had a convention the week after Thanksgiving and that year they took us and pulled us out of school for several days. So 1983 or 4. We left Friday after Thanksgiving and drove straight through because we had 4 drivers. Dad and I paired up and Mom and DB1. Well, first stop was St. Augustine, on the way to Daytona. We arrived in St. Augustine at 2:00 AM. We visited a Donut store and then attempted to rest/sleep in the conversion van we had. Then at a reasonable hour, we brushed teeth in a public restroom, visited the Fort and the Fountain. Then finished the trek to Daytona. I don't remember a while bunch but how we arrived at 2:00 AM. But that is a good suggestion. I could spend a few days there and then meet up with Mom and Dad in Cocoa Beach. Great suggestions.
Maggie, I have to include my suggestion for Destin, FL. We've gone to that area for years. If you love the beach they have the beautiful sugar white sand.

Another suggestion would be Branson, MO. It's in the beautiful Ozark mountains and has tons of live shows and stuff to do. It would be warmer than Ohio, but not drastically so.
Patty